“Highly recommended, particularly for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

Quality Inn Durango
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Durango
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Highly recommended, particularly for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Great hotel for the price right on the main drag in Durango. Looks like it was recently remodeled, very clean. Good breakfast with all the usual stuff including waffles and gravy and biscuits. Very surprised to see a HDTV in a low budget hotel. Only disappointment was no internet access, not even a PC in the lobby for guest use.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Qaanaaq, Greenland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

The woman who worked there was about as sweet as they get. I had an issue with my issue-laden gift card, and she let me stay the night and worry about the costs the following day. The room was extremely comfortable and the wi-fi connection was flawless. I awoke to a hot shower, large breakfast provided by them, and the issue of cost was settled shortly after. Bedbugs? I don't think so. I can't think of anything else that could have improved my experience. Immaculately kept, genuinely good people behind the front desk... the complaints I'm reading are difficult to fathom and I am sure most, particularly the "bedbugs" and the "pet-unfriendly" (which was apparently settled monetarily; how could one keep attacking after that?) ones. Highly recommended and I'll happily stay here again the next time I'm in town. Mr. Medina, thanks again for everything, to you and to H. as well. The checked boxes below (under "Tell other travelers...") are solely mine and reflect my own unique sense of aesthetics.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank craigcat
Durango,CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is a nice hotel. I am local to the Durango area, and whenever I have family come through I try to put them up here. Their rates do fluctuate seasonally, and they have always worked to give me a good rate. I have found that in Durango you get what you pay for, and this hotel is well worth the price.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank lighthouse_4u
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

..have stayed here numerous times, and again, not to be disappointed.

Got an early check-in as requested - didn't have a "pet room" available w/one Queen bed as it was being cleaned so they upgraded me to a "double-queen" again. The dog had her own bed again. Room was immaculate - didn't have any problems at all.

The breakfast buffet was huge! Biscuits and gravy; waffles, bagels, Danishes; fruit; cerals, juices, coffee... It may have had more, but I couldn't eat everything!.... the only thing about it is they should make it till 9:30 on the weekends.

Again, no complaints - just a great review!

Staff was helpful and polite...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

very handy for downtown Durango - this hotel was probably the best of several Quality Inns that we stayed in on our trip. It did seem very busy 'though so i would recommend booking in advance if traveling to Durango

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Relatively clean, comfortable yet small, updated rooms with a nice breakfast space. But heed my advice- dont take a bath there, a pitfall that befalls this and most other hotel bathtubs is healthy bacterial cultures are present.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We went skiing in Durango with a group of friends and rented out three rooms. One room was a pet-friendly room, and the hotel informed us that the pet was not allowed in the other two rooms. Our pet never entered either non-pet room. We paid a $15 per night pet fee at checkout, which we knew about in advance. The week after we got home, we noticed a $100 charge on our card, and we had no idea why. They told us it was a $50 per room fee for the dog entering the non-pet rooms. They LIED to me and told me that the head of housekeeping SAW the dog in all three rooms, which I'm pretty sure is impossible because he never entered either of the other rooms, but what do I know?! The manager was very unhelpful and border-line rude when I explained to him that we had not broken the rules. After a long conversation, I finally got him to refund half of the charge. If you have a pet, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jmoon86
ramman7, General Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
As the GM of the hotel I feel I need to respond to this particular review. We are a pet friendly hotel, but have designated rooms to accommodate guest with allergies and asthma. After being informed of the situation I personally inspected the rooms and found large amounts of dog hair throughout all rooms. My housekeepers would have no reason to lie to me about this, it would not benefit them and only means more work for them, as they have to deep clean the rooms. I believe refunding half of the amount charged was more than fair