All reviews eggs to order front desk breakfast room waffles real eggs free hot breakfast trolley stop the river biscuits and gravy breakfast was excellent bit dated comfortable stay good nights sleep rooms were very clean in town first floor staff was very friendly and helpful
Selected filters
Reviewed March 21, 2019

We were in room 101. The room was very clean and updated. However, the room was small. On one side of the bed, you could not walk down it - you had to go sideways. The check in/check out was friendly and efficient. It was nice for us to be on the first floor because it was easy to park in front of the room and empty the car.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Staff service excellent on all levels from arrival to departure. Room was very clean and comfortable-all the amenities down to hair dryer, iron, and free wifi. Beds very comfortable, hardly any sound disturbance for a pleasant night's sleep.Has beautiful outdoor pool in the summer. Located on the main road but very little traffic noise. My room was in the front most building, lower level. Two more buildings located further from road near pool should be very quiet.The free hot breakfast from 6-9 am was very good and allowed a wide selection including fresh eggs. I never started the day hungry! They also allow pets and Durango's main rec center is just down the street. The location is safe and convenient to downtown Durango by city Trolley or car.I have nothing bad to say about my multi-night stay. It was all very pleasant. I would stay there again! (Additional comment) My stay was in the middle of a huge snow storm. I had easy access in and out at all times during the storm.

Room tip: "This place is mainly about having a comfortable place to sleep at night with great service from the staff"
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Colorado_Mtn_Trekker
Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

They took my money and we didn't even get to stay. I booked online as we were traveling toward Durango. About an hour later we arrive and are told that there is not a room available. She didn't even look up our reservation. There was a tour bus in the parking lot and plenty of other hotels so we didn't think it was a big deal. The next morning I receive alert for a charge on my card. To make matters worse I was booking the room at $65 plus tax but was charged $92. I call the corporate help line and a very friendly lady told me that I have to call the hotel because it is their fault a room was not available. She transfers me to the hotel and I explain the situation to Derek. He tells me that Autumn has been there for years and is good at her job and he will have to look into it. He said there was no reason for her to tell me there were no rooms, as there apparently were, but he could not refund my money without looking into it. Needless to say, I was charged for a room that I was never in or allowed access to and I had to pay for another room that we actually could stay in.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

This used to be my favorite place to stay when I was visiting. After the last two separate stays, sadly, I will never return unless new management and/or ownership changes. Most of the formerly welcoming, helpful employees who even remembered my name have moved on and the current staff unrelated to the owner are simply going through the motions until something better comes along-it's obvious from how the supervisor belittles them in front of customers.
Speaking of supervisors, this guy is shameless in not only his aloof and condescending attitude toward customers and staff alike, but he's also incompetent when it comes to anything more complicated than taking your money.
This place has so much potential and was really beginning to stand out until the current family took over. Sadly, they're unappreciative of the guests, (even yelling at two people in front of me for requesting an extra pillow) are letting the place fall into disrepair and treat their employees like dirt. There are many other places in town much more deserving of your business.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 345ghh
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

The area where the motel is is very nice. Room is very clean. We had a nice quick, comfortable stay. The front desk guy was very nice and friendly, he even offered us if we wanted to take some fruits for our travel.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple