“Decent place for a night's rest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Durango

Quality Inn Durango
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Durango
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Decent place for a night's rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I visited here last month for one night. The check in staff was very nice. She even assisted me in finding parking for my large van as the lot was full; it's pretty tight parking for sure but it worked out.

I really appreciate that this hotel is pet-friendly. I travel with my dog and being able to book a room at the last minute with my furry family member is great! Only downside is there is no grassy area for them to do their business! I 'borrowed' the grass island from the hotel next door and cleaned it up promptly.

The hotel is right on Main St, so you can hear traffic at busy times. That said, I kept the fan running on the ac/heater unit all night and that did the trick. The rooms are older and kind of small, the TV is outdated, and the lighting is all fluorescent (not a fan despite their efficiency, I do not like the effects of the light on my eyes and they give me headaches). The bed was fine, pillows a bit lumpy but overall I slept just fine.

Soap products provided are made in China. Did not use. (Cosmetics from China MUST be tested on animals- this is law in China. Therefore, I do not use China-made cosmetics or toiletries). I hope they source an alternative that doesn't test on animals.

The breakfast area is situated upstairs- hot coffee, scrambled eggs, juices, typical GMO corn cereals, pre-made muffins, jelly with high-fructose corn syrup as the first ingredient- nothing made fresh but certainly over-preserved. Nothing organic offered, not even the fruit. That being said, this was a better breakfast layout than other hotels in this price range in terms of options. I did not eat but I listed what is being served for those who are looking for healthy alternatives in their diet. Traveling a lot makes it necessary to become more of a critic when eating on the go. I only hope hotels start to look at their inclusive food model as something that can be improved upon for those with dietary restrictions, such as offering organic and gluten-free items.

Despite my granular opinion on their food and lighting, it was a good value and the staff is very helpful and professional.

The pizza joint across the street- Homeslice- offers tasty pie and good craft beers, for those who are interested.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Xajiks
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay. We are all so happy that we were able to have you, and your furry friend, stay with us! We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests, and use this information to make improvements for future guests.

Although it looks like you enjoyed many parts of your stay, there were some areas that could have been improved. We are currently renovating our hotel to provide our guests with an even more comfortable, and fun experience during their stay. Part of this renovation will be new floors, carpeting and furniture, as well as pet beds, and healthier pet snacks for our four legged guests. We have also started looking into a 2nd, eco friendly, option for your bathroom amenities, and already added a gluten free cereal to our breakfast. Our goal is to continue to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we hope these changes will help us reach that goal!

Thank you so much for providing us with your input, and we hope that you will come again on your next visit through Durango.

& The Quality Inn Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid-October since we wanted to travel on the Durango-Silverton Railway. The hotel turned out to be at the far end of Main Avenue away from the railway station but this was no problem for us. From the outside the hotel looks a little dated but our room was lovely and about the same size as the other motel type hotels we had stayed in. The Reception staff were very welcoming, efficient and helpful. Although situated on a main thoroughfare we did not find the traffic noise to be at all problematic. There are a number of places to eat nearby and we set off on foot to decide where to go, but we found a nice supermarket 2 blocks down and since we had a microwave and fridge in our room we decided to buy something there and "eat in", something which for our 2 nights there suited us better. The complimentary breakfasts were very good although the breakfast room is quite small and on our second morning was quite crowded.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay. We sincerely appreciate hearing from our guests, and use this valuable information to make improvements for future guests. Although it looks like you enjoyed many parts of your stay, there were some areas that could have been improved. We are currently renovating our hotel to provide our guests with a more comfortable and fun experience during their stay.
Our breakfast is extensive, and we are all happy to hear you enjoyed our fresh eggs and extended menu. Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Durango, and we hope that you will come again on your next visit through Durango.

& The Quality Inn Team!.
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I booked this hotel due to their pet policy. When I drove in that night, I almost turned around and left. The outside looks a bit dated and rough. However, I am so glad I did not. Yes, the rooms are small. But I still have plenty of space in my room with King bed. And look at that low price. It is an old hotel that has been nicely remodeled. I don't think I would ever have expected the great service, and comfy bed. There was even a rubber duckie in with the complimentary toiletries. (O:Staff super nice, and hot breakfast. Pleasantly surprised, and happy with my accommodations. No, it is not 4 star. But to me, I am giving this motel a 5 based on the quality of service, comfortable room, very, very good pricing. Esp. for motels in this budget category.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you from our entire family at the Quality Inn for your wonderful review. I am glad you were able to stop in and rest your weary bones and enjoy all the small details we work so hard to give our guests every day. We are all thrilled that you found your room comfortable; And especially happy to hear that our service exceeded your expectations. After all, providing great service to our guests is what we strive for each and every day.

Reviews like yours make all the hard work and attention to detail worth it. Not to mention the encouragement it gives the entire staff, because at the end of the day having a satisfied and happy customer is the reason we do what we do.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you, and your furry friend, on your next trip to Quality Inn Durango.

And The Quality Inn Team
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this hotel online because of the reviews and pictures. When we got there, we were disappointed that it was a hotel we stayed at 3-4 years ago, which was OK at the time for the price, but we were looking for something nicer. Turns out they have remodeled the rooms and they are great. The outside of the hotel looks dated, but rooms and service are great. I recommend you get a room in the back as Main Street is very noisy. We had a room up front and asked to me moved right away based upon the noise level. They happily moved us for a slight upcharge, but upon checkout, they intentionally did not charge us for the upgrade. Breakfast was better than average. For the price, very nice and highly recommended.

Hi Mark,

I first want to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we are all happy that you noticed the improvements that we have been making over the past few years. At this time we are upgrading our rooms again, and will be adding in new carpet and furniture. I wish we could have earned the 5th star from you and we will work at it in the future.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit to Durango.

And the Quality Inn Team
ST.GEORGE, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

From check in to check out everything about this hotel was perfect for my family and I. Brooke the manager on duty was extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting restaurants as well as activities for us.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
QualityM1, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Durango, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

& The Quality Inn Team
970-259-5373
Robbinsdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in Durango recently for four days and stayed here. I cannot say enough nice things about this property. Everyone on the staff was super friendly. The rooms were very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The breakfast room was well stocked and when my friend inquired about blueberry yogurt they made a special trip to the market to get some so she could have some the next day. The managers Brooke and Tom were very helpful in telling us what fun activities we could do, told us where some nearby hiking trails were, and took time to make sure we were having a good time. I could tell they genuinely enjoyed conversing with us. They even have free loaner bikes and tubes for running the river which is only a block from the motel. We borrowed the bikes for the better part of the day and rode on the river trail from the motel to downtown, having a picnic along the way. They say customer service in America is disappearing. Well, not here! Top notch service! I can hardly wait to get back there again..
SJ Minneapolis

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Scott!

Thank you for such a kind review. This really means a lot to us as the entire staff works hard to ensure that every guest has an amazing experience. We do have many amenities that we hope reflect our choice to go above the average in our hotel class. This is from the bikes and river tubes we provide, to the farm fresh eggs we serve at breakfast. But it is our staff and the way they engage with our guests that we believe truly sets us apart. I am happy to hear that you noticed the difference.

It was a pleasure to have you and your friend with us, and we are so happy that we were able to leave a positive impression on you during your stay. Our passion for work is only matched by our sincere concerns for our guests. Taking care our you, and making sure you enjoy your trip, is part of our job, and we all love doing it!

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip through the Durango area.

& The Quality Inn Team!
Redington Shores, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is on the north end of town and to get to the Main St. area you will either need to drive and find parking or take the trolley. This area is older, the motel certainly shows this on the exterior. The rooms are of the smaller type that was the norm in the 70's-the king room can be a bit tight and you will want your bedroom slippers to get up during the night for fear of smashing a toe. The room was clean and the refrigerator/freezer was of a nice size to store items and reheat in the microwave. My only complaint is that the pipes are old so the water pressure is non-existent and when someone turns on water or flushes the toilet the shower turns to scalding hot. The complimentary breakfast in the morning is very nice with eggs, biscuits and cereals. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Nancy C
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us feedback from your stay. We sincerely appreciate hearing what our guests think and use this valuable information to make improvements for future guests. Although it looks like you enjoyed many parts of your stay, there were some areas that could have been improved.

Please except our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your shower, I have already had our Maintenance team look into, and fix the issue. Unfortunately sometimes plumbing breaks down and things happen that are out of our control. Believe me when I say, it is just as frustrating to us as it was to you, and we are happy you notified us so we were able to get it fixed for our future guests as well.

Our breakfast is extensive, and we are all happy to hear you enjoyed our farm fresh eggs and friendly breakfast attendants.Thank you for choosing us and we hope that you will again on your next visit through Durango.

& The Quality Inn Team!.