“Perfect ski place in town”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Basic, comfortable, all amenities, clean & great value in an ideal location to get to Purgatory for a great ski day or just flop in town and walk 2 blocks to charming downtown that includes shopping, good food, healthy food choices too, & fun breweries.

• Stayed: March 2014
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so happy that you decided to stay in town with us. There are so many options in town for entertainment and dining and the ski resort is only a 30 minute drive from the hotel. We hope that you come back and stay with us again when you are in the Durango area. We appreciate the positive feedback and your business.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Family stayed in a Suite and really enjoyed the Best Western Rio Grande. The room was excellent, breakfast was fresh, the pool design in a centralized atrium was very cool. You can't beat the location of this hotel to historic downtown Durango. Reastaurants and shops are an easy wasy walk away.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy that your family enjoyed the pool and the hotel amenities. We do have a great location for all that Durango has to offer. We are right downtown-no busy streets to cross and you can park in our lot and wander around at your leisure without having to feed a parking meter. We all hope that you will come back and stay with us again someday soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice lipstick job. worn out electrical, staff doesn't respond or care. Average hotel breakfast. Requested safety items to be repaired, ignored by staff. Pay your life insurance before staying at this fire hazard. I stay at Holiday Inn when in Durango

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hotel was older but in the process of upgrades. Staff was great and hotel was centrally located to downtown, within walking distance of EVERYTHING. Breakfast and happy hour were great. Hotel was very clean, and additional amenities were great.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn1956

Thank you so much for the great review. We appreciate your taking the time to go online to review our property. It really means a great deal to all of us. We are in the process of updating our breakfast area, room vanities, adding a fitness room and updating our guest laundry area. We have added new carpeting, a new roof, and new lobby and common area furniture. We have a great convenient location, a wonderful caring staff and great amenities. Thank you for the acknowledgment. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Location, service, and atmosphere were all excellent. In the middle of town with very little traffic noise. Proximity to shopping and dining is a short walk away. The view from the window was amazing. An excellent evening getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thanks for staying with us. We do have a great property with a great location. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the view and hope that you had a relaxing getaway. We appreciate your review. Enjoy the spring!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I travel extensively for my profession, and stay in many hotels. I thought I would try this Best Western Plus hotel, as I have stayed at the other two Best Western locations in town. I am sorry that I did. The parking lot is very cramped. The ice machine was not working, and you had to go to the third floor by elevator to get ice. There was a long black hair in the shower. (I am follically challenged). The internet did not work properly. There were two lights out around the mirror. I did complain and get the lights fixed and I asked the night manager to re-boot the server. He said he would. Ms. [--], whom I think is the manager, offered to give me one night off for the trouble. I declined, due to the nature of needing a paid night's receipt. When I got my receipt home and was working on my report, I noticed that instead of the two nights being on the receipt, there was a third night showing I still owed for one night. (I stayed two nights). This was not a pleasant experience for me.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert B
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Again, I do apologize for the issues that you had during your stay. We are in the process of remodeling and we were down to just the one ice machine until the renovations were completed. As I had stated in an earlier email to you, the charge for your stay was only for the 2 nights that you stayed with us. I had taken off the one night as an apology to you for the problems that you had experienced and then put it back on once your explained to me that you could not accept the offer. We do appreciate your input and your concerns. We thank you for your business and hope that you have safe travels to your next destination.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel has a great location; it is one block from the main street in Durango. There is easy parking, easy entrance to rooms, and they are very clean and updated. Would definitely stay here again. The staff was very helpful in suggesting many places to eat and what to see in the area. They were also very courteous. We liked the hotel and the Durango restaurants so much that we changed our plans and stayed here for two nights instead of one.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do have a great convenient location, close to downtown but far enough away from all the noise! We are glad that you extended and were able to enjoy some of what Durango has to offer. We appreciate the input and hope that you will come back and stay with us again in your future travels to the Durango area.