“Standard Stay”

Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed here one night for a high school volleyball game the following morning. Easy walking distance to restaurants. Clean rooms, nice reception at night and breakfast in morning. Nice flat panel televisions. Location/parking lot a bit dark in the evening. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for the review. We do have a great location and offer several amenities for our guests. We are adding lighting to our parking lot and redoing our bathrooms this off season. We enjoyed having your team stay with us and hope that they will consider us again in future travels to the Durango area.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Weather prevented us from continuing on to Cortez. We were lucky to find something close ... More than I wanted to pay . 127$ for two bed room ... But hey it's downtown

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your input and your business. We hope that you will consider us again if your travels bring you to Durango.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in the latter part of October as part of a group. The rate of $86 was the group rate. the room was large,well furnished, large king bed with the assortment of pillows, quality linens, etc that one finds in the better hotel/motels such as Hampton Inn and Doubletree.. The location of the hotel is one block from the Durango & Silverton railway station and museum, close to many restaurants. The included breakfast had warm food and variety, as good as you will find.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you for the review. We have been upgrading the hotel and adding the better amenities that you described. We always appreciate the input as we try and be the best hotel that we can be.

Thanks again!

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Best free breakfast ever! From your basic cereal, to hot biscuits with gravy, sausage sandwiches, waffles, fruit, donuts, plus more! Even got free drinks for happy hour! Nice indoor pool and hot tub (could be a little warmer). Very comfortable rooms with great shower heads. Excellent location! Short walk (<5 min) to train depot and main street.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the nice review. We so appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

On a recent motorcycle trip with a co-worker
we stayed in your hotel and I had to comment

When we were checking out we ask the desk clerk for directions to the nearest motorcycle shop, she told us how to get there and we left.

While at the cycle shop we received a call from the hotel stateing that the front desk had a camera case and they believed it belonged to one of us sure enough it was mine.

I loaded up my bike and went back to the hotel not only to find my camera still inside but also $200.00 un-touched...

A special thanks to the maintenance man Richard Samson who found my case by the water fountain and Desiree Clinton the desk clerk that tracked me down to return it.

Great staff and honesty all in one place....WOW!!!!!
I look forward to staying there again for sure.............................................

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank roger d

Thank you for the kind review. We were so happy that we were able to reach you before you left town. I do have some great employees and I appreciate your acknowledgement of them.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

One of the top two or three BW hotels I've stayed at in the last five years: clean, quiet and comfortable; incredibly caring and attentive staff; complementary breakfast well above average for BW's; well-tended pool and hot tub in a center court atrium. Location puts you within walking distance of narrow gauge railroad station, some great restaurants and shops. Reviewer who called staff "unhelpful" didn't meet the people I did. One carried my bags up three flights of stairs because elevator was out for a 30 minute repair! I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank consumerchamp
gmcha, General Manager at Best Western Plus Rio Grande Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

Thank you so much for the kind review. We do have a great helpful and friendly staff and they do go out of their way to take care of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come back and stay with us again in your future trips to the Durango area.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Room was average but way over-priced. I Ieft and expensive camera battery and charger in the room which called about the next day. The desk clerk told me I had to call back and talk to a specific person during certain hours about left items. I said this was not possible as I was taking tours and would be away from phone service. Could they please call a leave a message about how to handle getting it to me. They said "ok" and I never heard from them again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo