“Really Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Soooo much better than Trip Advisors #2 pick (Ken & Sue's). Wished we had gone here sooner. Service was excellent, food was really good too! I had veal piccata while hubby had grouper. Absolutely no complaints.

1  Thank yellowrosetexas3
There are newer reviews for Mutu's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed June 13, 2010

recently tried Mutu's again after a so so experience about a year ago
out of the four at my table...
1 had a pasta chicken dish that she rated a four out of 10
I had the beef medallions that I would rate 5 out of 10
1 had a lobster ravioli that he rated a 4 out of 10
1 had a seafood dish (the special) that she was unable to eat, the manger ended up comping her entre (without us asking, well done!)
the bruschetta was really good, and our server and the other staff including the manager were great , but the food sucked as bad as the last time I ate there
conclusion: I wont eat at Mutu's again, there are too many other great restaurants with in walking distance.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Were in town checking out the college for my daughter and stopped by Mutu"s for my wife's birthday. All four of us had something different and all four meals were excellent! Staff was friendly and service top notch. We only wish we lived in Durango and could eat there often!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

Being from NYC we never expected such good italian food in colorado. the place was busy each of the two nights we had dinner.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Recently had my eighth meal -- attempt -- the first seven resulted in service, this one was a walk-away. If you like food, pass on this place. If you need to catch a movie, or keep a schedule, or even want to get a drink in less than 15 minutes, in the summer or anytime the restaurant is more than 1/2 full, pass on this place. I've had a smiling, helpful waitress in the bar, who helped me get a fine appetizer (calamari -- the fourth-best in Durango) and a good drink in time when the place was pretty quiet during cocktail hour, in the late winter. But more often it's staffed with spacey, flustered, students or ski bums, whom I can't imagine warranting even a 10% tip.

Before I walked off, unfed and unserved, on a recent summer evening, I watched folks at eight tables sit for 20 minutes without drinks, 15 minutes without water or silverware, and 15 minutes before getting an order in -- you would be correct if you thought this caused me to wonder what might be happening in the kitchen or behind the bar. The tables were 80% filled and the machine of the restaurant was grinding to a halt, at 7:15 pm. After my 20 minutes at an unserved, unmade table, I asked to if there was a manager on duty, and things went downhill from there. Add to the list of things Durango needs: a charm school for restauranteurs.

In the absence of uninformed tourists who are desperate for dinner, drawn by the outdoor tables, and willing to take the poor service and are satisfied with the indifferent food, this place would be closed in a month. Maybe this winter.