“Best food we have had in a long time!!”

Mutu's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Were in town checking out the college for my daughter and stopped by Mutu"s for my wife's birthday. All four of us had something different and all four meals were excellent! Staff was friendly and service top notch. We only wish we lived in Durango and could eat there often!

There are newer reviews for Mutu's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed October 13, 2009

Being from NYC we never expected such good italian food in colorado. the place was busy each of the two nights we had dinner.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

Recently had my eighth meal -- attempt -- the first seven resulted in service, this one was a walk-away. If you like food, pass on this place. If you need to catch a movie, or keep a schedule, or even want to get a drink in less than 15 minutes, in the summer or anytime the restaurant is more than 1/2 full, pass on this place. I've had a smiling, helpful waitress in the bar, who helped me get a fine appetizer (calamari -- the fourth-best in Durango) and a good drink in time when the place was pretty quiet during cocktail hour, in the late winter. But more often it's staffed with spacey, flustered, students or ski bums, whom I can't imagine warranting even a 10% tip.

Before I walked off, unfed and unserved, on a recent summer evening, I watched folks at eight tables sit for 20 minutes without drinks, 15 minutes without water or silverware, and 15 minutes before getting an order in -- you would be correct if you thought this caused me to wonder what might be happening in the kitchen or behind the bar. The tables were 80% filled and the machine of the restaurant was grinding to a halt, at 7:15 pm. After my 20 minutes at an unserved, unmade table, I asked to if there was a manager on duty, and things went downhill from there. Add to the list of things Durango needs: a charm school for restauranteurs.

In the absence of uninformed tourists who are desperate for dinner, drawn by the outdoor tables, and willing to take the poor service and are satisfied with the indifferent food, this place would be closed in a month. Maybe this winter.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

All four people in our party were delighted and amazed with their entrees - food was great - large portions, served hot, very tasty. Appetizers were amazing. All food well priced. Staff very pleasant and attentive.
We're all looking forward to returning soon!!

VA BABO

Reviewed July 23, 2009

We were in Durango for our anniversary and had dinner at Mutu's...I had the Halibut and it was incredible...I've wanted to try to recreate it at home but can't remember what the sauce was or how it was prepared...just that it was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant ... EVER!