“A Mixed Bag”

Mutu's Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Mutu's Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The wife and I dined here recently after riding the train to Silverton. The hostess was kind of "cool" but got us seated promptly. The server came in an appropriate amount of time and took our drink orders. When she returned, she read the "specials" to us. I personally do not like these read to me; the server tends to read much too rapidly thus making it difficult to understand what she is sending. It also shows a lack of knowledge concerning the offerings.
We ordered our dinners and they arrived in a reasonable amount of time. I had the chicken marsala along with pasta and fresh mixed vegetables which I found to be quite good. My wife had the eggplant parmagiana which tasted OK but the breading was a bit on the soggy side.
There was very little cheese on the eggplant dish but that was fine by my wife. Interestingly, the pasta served with the eggplant did not have a red sauce on it which is probably the way it is done in the northern Italian cuisine. All-in-all, the restaurant was not bad, but not that great either.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stumbled into Durango late in the day, and ended up asking a local for directions to a place that was friendly to non-meat eaters. We had an excellent meal at Mutu's. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, and the food was very good, if a bit pricey (just a bit). It was a nice evening, but the smallish patio was full, so we had to sit inside. Very nicely decorated restaurant. Accommodating to kids, even though I wouldn't classify this as a family restaurant.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Found this place on TripAdvisor. Service was great! Food was amazing! Even my 5-yr-old was pleased! Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great place for a quiet dinner. Well prepared and good service. Pasta, Stuffed shells were excellent. Open atmosphere was very comfortable and relaxed. Desserts were very good.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a decent place to eat. The food was well prepared and the menu had some unique choices. The prices were reasonable. The service did outshine the food but that was ok considering the location and the outdoor dining.