“S-L-O-W!!!”

6512 Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "BEST MEAL IN DURANGO AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE." Fun, Upscale-Casual, Entertainment Venue, Featuring Premium Cocktails and Delicious, Local Cuisine
Reviewed October 27, 2013

6512 was scheduled for us by our overnight accommodations as part of a package deal. We were given $100 gift certificates to eat at 6512. When we arrived we were seated in a strange corner area near the live jazz music, which was good. We ordered some drinks and an appetizer. The appetizer took nearly an hour! We were then told that the appetizer would be complimentary. We then waited another 45 minutes for our entrees, which we requested our meat to be cooked well done when asked. After the long wait, our nearly raw meat entrees showed up. What a disappointment. It got very loud and rowdy in the restaurant as large parties shuffled in and weren't even eating. Soon we felt like we were the only ones seated in a huge bar. To try and use our gift cards up, we ordered desserts. You guessed it, the desserts took way too long - over 20 minutes. When we tried to pay our $66 bill, we were told we couldn't use the $34 balance for a tip. We had to leave a cash tip and ended up leaving the $34 gift card as we didn't want to ever go back. Very poorly managed establishment.

There are newer reviews for 6512 Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The spinich crab omlet was outstanding. My husband would have liked a sauce on the Rancheros but he said the ingredients were great. We would have loved to get the bottomless mimosa, but had too much to do today. Maybe next time.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Arrived in Durango and had done no research on places to eat. We started walking around downtown checking places out (I LOVE that all restaurants in Durango post their menu!) and just happened to decide on "6512". Great dinner & drinks, great atmosphere, fab service and even live music! We only waited a few minutes and then were seated at the perfect table right near the musicians that were setting up. The started playing shortly after our arrival and were excellent. They played classic rock songs with their own infused jazz sound. Good stuff. I had the Green Chili Cheeseburger ($12) and my husband had the Pulled Pork Tacos ($11) Drinks were excellent. I started with a "hot toddy" and then had a glass of red wine. My husband had a couple of margaritas. We also had (again) the crème Brule for dessert. Our total bills was $54.00 I could not eat all my hamburger and took 1/2 of it back to the home we rented to eat the following day. Lots of food for the money.

Waitress was attentive, friendly, energetic and helpful. Good mix of people from young to old. Acoustics were good as even with the music it was not so loud you couldn't talk. Thanks for a memorable evening!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The ambiance was quite nice. The service was pretty good (tho for the money I spent I expect the waitperson to know what I ordered and not quiz the table...). The menu is quite diverse and I was surprised that everything we ordered was very good from the Calamari to the Sonoma salad; from the Green Chicken Chili Alfredo to the Bow Tie Pasta. Wine, beer and drinks were all good. We really enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had the prime rib sliders and wasn't impressed. The biscuit style roll was rather bland and I eventually had to pull the beef from the sandwich in order to cut out what I did not want to eat (fat and grizzle). I don't mind doing the trimming when the meat is on the plate but I don't think one should have a surprise in every bite when eating a sandwich. They also don't stock any NA (non alcohol) beer which is a bit unusual. I miss the old Randy's (former establishment). The server was very pleasant.

Sam B, Owner at 6512 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I sincerely apologize about the excess fat on the prime rib slider. I will make sure we watch that more closely as that dish is a huge favorite among repeat customers. I miss Randys as well. His 27 years were amazing. We continued to use the same chef he had. I understand it is a different feel but times do change. I'm sorry we were out of n/a beer that day. We do stock st Pauli girl and clausthaler. I hope you can give the place another chance.