“Bar food at best”

6512 Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "BEST MEAL IN DURANGO AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE." Fun, Upscale-Casual, Entertainment Venue, Featuring Premium Cocktails and Delicious, Local Cuisine
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very attentive service. Food was another issue. $13 for 6 small green lip mussels? We have been to New Zealand and these were nothing like those mussels. Fish tacos were served at room temperature and tortilla was a bit crunchy so either was sitting under light too long or were old. Burger was fine as were pork and chicken sliders. Goat cheese app served with blackberry sauce infused with Serrano ham? Really? Would challenge anyone to taste the Serrano ham with strong, sweet blackberry sauce. Interesting cocktail menu. Would go there for a drink and expect nothing but bar food.

Sam B, Owner at 6512 Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am very glad you appreciated the service and drinks. I am truly sorry for the confusion on the goat cheese dip. We infuse the blackberry sauce with Serrano peppers to add a hint of spice. I agree that no one should infuse blackberries with ham. As for the mussels, I do feel we have improved them greatly but unfortunately because of the distance they travel I am unable to lower the price at this time. I sincerely hope to come back and join us for live music and a cocktail!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I love 6512. It has amazing drinks and food, (try the ahi skewers) and the wait and bar staff are attentive and very friendly. It is also one of the few places in Durango to serve Sunday brunch with a variety of delicious mimosas..... A great experience to be had by all!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

6512' is easily one of the best restaurants in Durango. The service was attentive, the food was delicious, and their speciality drinks were excellently developed.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We visited there several times while in town. The food was wonderful and we had excellent service for dinner for 6. The bartenders are friendly and attentive. A great place to get a good feel for the friendly people of Durango!

1  Thank VickieRiddle
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love this place. Best food, amazing service, incredible atmosphere. You're missing out if you don't hit this spot.

1  Thank Fedyfrenchfry