“Disappointing”

6512 Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: "BEST MEAL IN DURANGO AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE." Fun, Upscale-Casual, Entertainment Venue, Featuring Premium Cocktails and Delicious, Local Cuisine
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We expected better. Our waiter, after telling us of the special, just walked away. He finally came back after 5 minutes to take our drink order. Then he got the drink order wrong. We expected a little more variety on the menu. The food was just so-so but the presentation was good. When we received the bill it was wrong reflecting the error in the drink order, so that had to be changed. Overall we were just disappointed in both the service and the food.

1  Thank 907JohnA907

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's a locals hideout...great atmosphere, mouthwatering drinks, fab service,
And most importantly delicious food at a reasonable price. Dinners range from $12 to low 20s.
Happy hour is every day from 4 to 6 PM during which time There are drink specials and half price appetizers.
Brunch is Saturday and Sunday mornings from 10 to 2.
My favorite appetizers are dolmas stuffed risotto and jalapeño poppers. All of their entrées are good but I love the flat iron steak and the blackened shrimp.

6512' restaurant and lounge is a must for locals and tourists.

1  Thank Ava S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Me and my friends ended up at 6512', while we were visiting for spring break. We didn't realize it was there first night open to the public. The food was spectacular! The drinks and appetizers were great, and once we took a bite of our actual meal, all we could talk about was how ridiculously good it was! I had the green chillie chicken alfredo. It was so good! It was hot but just hot enough to give you a spicy kick! thean ittter for you if you ask. I can't wait to go back to 6512' we all had a great experience, and we will be coming back when we visit!

1  Thank texasbr
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stopped in 6512 for drinks this weekend, I believe it was their grand opening, but not completely sure. I heard that the only thing that had changed since Randys was the exterior sign, which wasnt true. It looks nice and open and contemporary. I will definitely be back, I think it'll be a good spot.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

my daughter and i just happened into 6512 restaurant.we had tried some of the more popular spots but were told they had no reservations until much later in the evening.we noticed a small entrance to 6512 and went in hoping it was early enough to avoid a long wait.we were greeted by the owner and he sat us right away.we were told that we had come during there soft opening as they had only been open for a couple of days.the wait staff were very accommodating and the food we ordered was exceptional.if this is any indication of what this restaurant is doing as far as food and service on there second day,durango is in for a treat.reasonably priced and great ambiebnce,it will be a great addition to the culinary options in durango

2  Thank STOINK31