“Great Place to Stay”

The Rochester Hotel and Leland House
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed staying at the Rochester Hotel. It was quiet, comfortable, friendly and terrific for Durango. Walking by the Strater on a Saturday night, boy was I glad we were in the quiet Rochester. Great breakfast as part of the deal and the outside patio was a lovely place to hang out. Borrow a bike, ask for where to eat... excellent hotel. My only negative comment is that for the price they should have up to date LARGE size televisions and better quality blankets. I was disappointed to find that the blanket was 100% polyester and so not breathable. A touch better blanket and linens should be de rigeur in an expensive hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidw989
Merritt W, Manager at The Rochester Hotel and Leland House, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Leland House and Rochester Hotel. We are constantly upgrading our rooms so your feedback is welcomed with open arms. We hoped you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at the Leland House for my Birthday in May and we had never been to Durango before. We had the cutest room and adored the historic appeal. The staff was delightful and super helpful. They accommodated my request for a gluten free breakfast, for free, and we got a free glass of champagne when we arrived! We were able to walk to nearby restaurants, bars, shops. The hotel also have a lovely gazebo, lawn area we hung out in too. We love the stay and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

It thrills us to know you had such a wonderful birthday while staying with us in Durango! Thank you for your kind words. If you ever see yourself back in this part of the world please stop by. (The courtyard is quite beautiful in the fall too!)

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently had a great four night stay at the great Rochester (Leland House). Service was super friendly, rooms very clean and comfortable. The bed was also comfortable. The breakfasts provided a choice between hot or cold or both. It was just an excellent establishment. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen C
Merritt W, Manager at The Rochester Hotel and Leland House, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time in Durango and your stay with us! Thank you for you kind words and we hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent two nights at the Rochester Hotel in downtown Durango, Colorado. It is a lovely, well-restored/modernized historic hotel in the middle of downtown Durango. The staff was delightful. The location puts you within walking distance of the many shops, restaurants, galleries, etc., in downtown Durango. And the tea and cookies served complimentary every afternoon are delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
komick, Manager at The Rochester Hotel and Leland House, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your visit to Durango and to the Leland House and Rochester Hotel. We appreciate your visit and your kind words. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future.
Kirk

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Love everything about the Leland House and Rochester Hotel. The rooms are so comfortable, breakfast is amazingly delicious, and the staff is super helpful and friendly. Had a blast listening to the band in the garden while drinking a glass of wine from their bar. Then took the beach cruisers down along the river. I will stay here every time for both business trip and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
komick, Owner at The Rochester Hotel and Leland House, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your visit and for your kind words. We hope to see you back in Durango soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Rochester Hotel more times than I can count. I loved the comfortable, warm and friendly feel of the place. Breakfast here is spectacular and the morning staff couldn't be more gracious and lovely. I always loved the welcome I received from them. However, in the last year the Rochester has decided to incorporate a bar and new manager who doesn't have the same hospitality model. It's changed the feel completely. I used to recommend the Rochester to all of my friends traveling to Durango. But it is with reservation now. The location is great, but I'm not sure I'll return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Merritt W, Manager at The Rochester Hotel and Leland House, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We always appreciate guest feedback, especially concerning our bar. Our drive behind certain updates to the property were done to create a more pleasing guest experience and I am terribly sorry the new additions added were not satisfactory for you. It is very important to us to know how our changes affect our regular guests and we certainly do not want to lose you. Rest assured the mission statement of the hotel, to provide guests with warm, friendly, efficient service is our utmost priority. I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with the bar and management (would this be bar management, front desk management, general management?) if you would like to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on an overnight unfortunately passing through. It was a multi-leg business trip through the central states. Arriving I did not know what to expect, but was quickly impressed. While not opulent, for me it was the perfect fit.

Owners obviously take a sincere interest in making the Rochester a comfortable and intensely welcoming environment, from the exceptional, kind service and cozy rooms to the amenities and atmosphere. The staff are great and I felt like a dear friend who had finally returned after too many years away for a visit that would be all too heartbreakingly brief.

My highest compliments and recommendation. And whatever they are serving for breakfast - try it all! You will not be sorry...

• Stayed: March 2013

It thrills me to hear you had such a satisfactory experience! The fact that you felt like family during your stay means we are all (owners, management, front desk, bar, kitchen and housekeeping) doing our job well. We certainly look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay.