“Excellent four night stay”

The Leland House and Rochester Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently had a great four night stay at the great Rochester (Leland House). Service was super friendly, rooms very clean and comfortable. The bed was also comfortable. The breakfasts provided a choice between hot or cold or both. It was just an excellent establishment. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen C
Merritt W, Manager at The Leland House and Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time in Durango and your stay with us! Thank you for you kind words and we hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent two nights at the Rochester Hotel in downtown Durango, Colorado. It is a lovely, well-restored/modernized historic hotel in the middle of downtown Durango. The staff was delightful. The location puts you within walking distance of the many shops, restaurants, galleries, etc., in downtown Durango. And the tea and cookies served complimentary every afternoon are delicious.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
komick, Manager at The Leland House and Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your visit to Durango and to the Leland House and Rochester Hotel. We appreciate your visit and your kind words. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future.
Kirk

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Love everything about the Leland House and Rochester Hotel. The rooms are so comfortable, breakfast is amazingly delicious, and the staff is super helpful and friendly. Had a blast listening to the band in the garden while drinking a glass of wine from their bar. Then took the beach cruisers down along the river. I will stay here every time for both business trip and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
komick, Owner at The Leland House and Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your visit and for your kind words. We hope to see you back in Durango soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Rochester Hotel more times than I can count. I loved the comfortable, warm and friendly feel of the place. Breakfast here is spectacular and the morning staff couldn't be more gracious and lovely. I always loved the welcome I received from them. However, in the last year the Rochester has decided to incorporate a bar and new manager who doesn't have the same hospitality model. It's changed the feel completely. I used to recommend the Rochester to all of my friends traveling to Durango. But it is with reservation now. The location is great, but I'm not sure I'll return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Merritt W, Manager at The Leland House and Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We always appreciate guest feedback, especially concerning our bar. Our drive behind certain updates to the property were done to create a more pleasing guest experience and I am terribly sorry the new additions added were not satisfactory for you. It is very important to us to know how our changes affect our regular guests and we certainly do not want to lose you. Rest assured the mission statement of the hotel, to provide guests with warm, friendly, efficient service is our utmost priority. I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with the bar and management (would this be bar management, front desk management, general management?) if you would like to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on an overnight unfortunately passing through. It was a multi-leg business trip through the central states. Arriving I did not know what to expect, but was quickly impressed. While not opulent, for me it was the perfect fit.

Owners obviously take a sincere interest in making the Rochester a comfortable and intensely welcoming environment, from the exceptional, kind service and cozy rooms to the amenities and atmosphere. The staff are great and I felt like a dear friend who had finally returned after too many years away for a visit that would be all too heartbreakingly brief.

My highest compliments and recommendation. And whatever they are serving for breakfast - try it all! You will not be sorry...

• Stayed: March 2013

It thrills me to hear you had such a satisfactory experience! The fact that you felt like family during your stay means we are all (owners, management, front desk, bar, kitchen and housekeeping) doing our job well. We certainly look forward to seeing you again and hopefully for a longer stay.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes out of their way to make you feel welcomed. They offer a complimentary breakfast in the morning and coffee. I didn't have breakfast, but it was great to know it was available. I really liked that it was a bit old fashioned, yet cool, you even get an actual room key and not a card. I would stay here again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Some friends and I stayed at the Rochester Hotel while on a fishing trip and all really enjoyed the stay. The rooms are very spacious clean and full of antiques. The breakfasts were very good, homemade scones, banana bread, raspberry french toast, cereal, and great homemade granola. They also served egg omelets, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, orange juice, and on and on. There is a nice little bar and in the evening there were some really good chocolate-chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies.
All the employees were super friendly and Carolyn in the morning perks you right up. Absolutely will be back.

Room Tip: We had 6 different rooms in our group and no-one had a complaint with any of them
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jim H
Merritt W, Manager at The Leland House and Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We are thrilled to hear you not only had a wonderful time on your fishing trip, but that you enjoyed staying with us here at the Rochester Hotel! Kelly and Carolyn's afternoon cookies are always a showstopper - next time you stay you must try the gingersnaps!