“French toast in Durango”

Jean Pierre Bakery and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jean Pierre Bakery and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Durango
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We have been to Durango several times, and always enjoy our selfs. The last time we were there we were with friends and their eight year old son. He said the last time he was in Durango he had Jean Pierre's' French toast and it was his favorite breakfast of all time. The next breakfast he joined us, and we both had French toast. I had to agree it was the best.
The last day in Durango, we had a late dinner at Jean Pierre's. We a cheese plate and got a free bottle of wine. We had two cheese plates and two free bottles of wine.
Our group got five different entrees. All were very good. I can't remember the name for my meal, but it was vegetables, meat and creamy sauce inside a pastry shell. That was one of my all time favorite meals. Something to do with the food and enjoying it with my friends.

There are newer reviews for Jean Pierre Bakery and Restaurant

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I haven't eaten here before and have always enjoyed the experience so I was disappointed with this visit.
The food was still lovely but service left a bit to be desired.
Even though the restaurant was quiet, with a good amount of staff,The service was quite slow and inattentive. I had to request water refills as well as get their attention for another coffee, and my requests kept being forgotten or ignored. Even getting and paying the cheque took an inordinate amount of time.
The pricing seemed much higher than my previous visits.

1  Thank LaaLaa2705
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for afternoon goodies on the go. The girls were very friendly at the bakery counter. Bought 3 pastries and it was over $12.00. They were delicate but, the price was hard to swallow. (pardon the pun)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We went here for lunch with high hopes, since Jean Pierre hails from Paris France. Alas, my croque monsieur was reheated and had a molten slice of cheese on it to cover it up. My wife's quiche was just greasy, lacked flavor and had probably also been sitting for a while. I understand that you cannot bake quiche from scratch and expect rapid service, but this had been in the refrigerator too long and the crust and filling suffered as a result. The tomato soup was nice, but the Opera pastry lacked the delicate texture that I consider European (I am European in case you wonder).

The service was pleasant and the ambiance nice, but there is better food for sale on this street.

1  Thank Dutchman21
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The pastries were well done. The coffee was great. The overall atmosphere was nice. The service was superb. The only major criticism we had was the prices were much too high (2 coffees and 2 pastries totaled over $15.00)

2  Thank Joseph_F52511