“$75 for smelly room...”

Days End Motel
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Durango
“$75 for smelly room...”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Same price in Colorado Springs I've got pretty good room, clean, fresh with beautiful view and BREAKFAST. Room was smelly, bathroom also. No view at all. And I should pay $85 for that because I had 2 beds in my room. For $85?! Hell nope. If you don't have to DO NOT stay here. Find something else.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dorian L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Sleep under a bridge instead, can't smoke inside or outside your room, maid woke me upat 8:00am by opening the door to my room while i slept. There was shampoo drips on the walls of the bathroom. I will sleep in my car before stopping at this dump again.

• Stayed June 2014

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

If I could give it a zero rating or less I would. Checked out 10 minutes after checking in. Pulled the blanket back and there were stains on the sheets. Room was dirty, bathroom door was broken. Would stay in a condemned house before staying there. Door going into the building did not secure because there was no locking system on it. Front desk person even said he wouldn't stay there.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ed B
Janesville
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our first rooms heater didn't work. We were moved to another, where everything was in working order. The facility is clean, affordable, and quiet. Nothing fancy here but it was neither expected nor needed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C3Boots
Kailua Kona Hawaii
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend, myself, and my cousin stayed here during a last minute trip to Durango over Memorial Day weekend. The guy who checked us in asked us if we had plans to go out that evening. Being in the hospitality business myself, I assumed he was going to make a recommendation of where to go. Instead, he told us to keep quiet as if he was scolding a few rowdy teenagers. (Tells you what their usual clientele must be like... ) The next morning housekeeping knocked on our door at 9:00am. Check out wasn't until 11:00am, so I couldn't understand why they woke us up so early trying to get in. Other than that, the room was clean and the location was great. If you do choose to stay, make sure to pack some shampoo, soap, and conditioner. You won't find any in your room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hawaiianlove21
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I saw a lot of old TVs and furniture outside it looked like a junk yard to me. I found a new flat screen tv and furniture in the room when I went in, obviously the owner decided to spend some money and update the rooms. I had no complaints it was a comfortable room for the money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank otrcliff
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is terrible the people standing out front smoking and drunk tells you about the character of the hotel , we had a reservation but decided to stay somewhere else. The front desk lady was nice and understanding . Look for another place !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple