WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Days End Motel
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Kailua Kona Hawaii
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend, myself, and my cousin stayed here during a last minute trip to Durango over Memorial Day weekend. The guy who checked us in asked us if we had plans to go out that evening. Being in the hospitality business myself, I assumed he was going to make a recommendation of where to go. Instead, he told us to keep quiet as if he was scolding a few rowdy teenagers. (Tells you what their usual clientele must be like... ) The next morning housekeeping knocked on our door at 9:00am. Check out wasn't until 11:00am, so I couldn't understand why they woke us up so early trying to get in. Other than that, the room was clean and the location was great. If you do choose to stay, make sure to pack some shampoo, soap, and conditioner. You won't find any in your room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Hawaiianlove21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I saw a lot of old TVs and furniture outside it looked like a junk yard to me. I found a new flat screen tv and furniture in the room when I went in, obviously the owner decided to spend some money and update the rooms. I had no complaints it was a comfortable room for the money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank otrcliff
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is terrible the people standing out front smoking and drunk tells you about the character of the hotel , we had a reservation but decided to stay somewhere else. The front desk lady was nice and understanding . Look for another place !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen H

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really do hate to give such a bad review. I've traveled the world and seems some pretty nasty places otherwise called hotel rooms and am generally pretty laid back about the you get what you pay for policy. This was not the case.

I came to visit family in Durango but wanted some of my own space. It was mid summer so I thought Durango was a ski town and hotels would be cheap and headed down Main st to hotel row. Sadly this was not the case. Not planning to spend a ton that night I ended up at the best rate in town $74 (even) for a single room. To be fair this was about what I expected for a Motel 8 which was $119 and most others were $149 - apparently Durango is pricey all year round or I have my seasons wrong.

This is a one star place but I gave two star for the check in process. There was someone at the desk past 10:00 and he was very very nice, informative and helpful.

The room was actually a queen or king. Dated beyond belief, which I don't really care about BUT OMG this place was run down and dirty (this coming from a 3rd world deep down, dirty in the middle of India kind of dirty perspective). I actually don't even mind run down that much or dirty but filthy I don't care to pay for.

The cleaning crew had the audacity to leave note hand written on a napkin (nice touch) when the floor was untouchable and bleach had clearly not been used in the bathroom for a decade that tips were appreciated.

The good news was that the windows would open to let out the must and stink and the bathrooms overall weren't moldy and bug ridden. I didn't stay long so I can't say much about the amenities or things like restaurants or internet access.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank evw007
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We picked this place because of it's central location and the price. Honestly if I had known I would have gladly paid more for better accommodations. The so called "creek view rooms" that you pay a bit more for was ridiculous, you can't see the creek or stream for the back-ho in the parking lot blocking the view. The carpets in our room was soaking wet from a the carpet cleaning they had just done. The towels were small, rough and worn out The room smelled and was way out dated ...Oh ! and they charge for ice !!!!! I usually don't take the time to write reviews but this place is so bad I thought I would save anyone else the aggravation of staying here.

Room Tip: Use another motel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

upon check in the front desk associate acted like he could care less. directed us to park in the back when the front was closer to our room. the room - had an odor that was very unpleasant. then there were 2 box elder bugs in our room that I had to kill. the free Wi Fi - well it wasn't - it didn't work for the 2 days we were there.
it is old and needs lots of work, I would not recommend this to any
and the first morning - the housekeeper knocked but didn't wait for us to say anything she just opened the door and started to come in till we yelled - hey

Room Tip: don't go here -
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was probably the lowest end of hotels we used on our vacation. It had some issues, but also I seen some pluses. We arrived and the man at the desk was polite and friendly. We got a first floor room in the back of the property over looking their "creek". First impression: they need to clean the area up around the creek if they are using it as a selling point that they back up to a nice, quiet creek. Lots of trash, broken, wrapped up BBQ pit, and unsightly grass that needed weed wacker attention. Next going to go up to our room, the back door security lock at the access door was broke. Not a very secure thing to see first thing out of the gate. Walked inside to workers replacing carpet, now that was a plus, we seen the first of several upgrades at this point. Next walked the corridor to our room, workers present up and down the hall but it was only 4pm so no problem with that. We walk into our room and find it to be pleasantly redone. New carpet, new paint, a/c on and running, cool and comfortable. There was a fridge in the room which is a bonus to us, a family of 4 who needs to store drinks and snacks for the kids. My husband did find the window facing the back parking lot to be unlocked, this was a bit alarming, but he locked it, figuring the workman had left it unlocked. The workers knocked off from work around 6pm, then it was nice and quiet. All in all, not the Ritz, but a favorable stay considering some of the issues we noticed. Clean, friendly, quiet once the workman were gone and a good value for the money. Looks like the management has decided an upgrade was needed and they are doing the rooms and the hallways. We did not use the small pool in the front of the property, however, several families were using it and appeared to be having a great time. It looked clean. If I found myself thru here again, I would have to say for one night I would do it again. More than 1 night I would be looking for something a bit better than average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family