“Outstanding”
Review of East by Southwest

East by Southwest
Reserve with OpenTable
East by Southwest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East College and 2nd Ave.
Description: A taste of the Far East in the heart of the Southwest. We create vibrant fusion cuisine rooted in the flavors of Japan & the Pacific Rim. We are proud to serve all organic meats & poultry, such as American Kobe, Kurobuta Pork, & Natural Black Angus Beef. At our sushi bar enjoy cutting edge sushi & sashimi made from the best quality seafood & fresh line caught fish from Hawaiian waters. Our menu offers many tantalizing small dishes. We encourage you to order a variety of them and share amongst your table.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a fabulous sushi restaurant. I currently live in Hawaii and have access to the freshest fish on the planet., so I am skeptical about trying sushi elsewhere. ExSW is creative, fresh, and highly recommended. Other menu items are just as tasty. The squash blossoms are orgasmic.

There are newer reviews for East by Southwest

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the best place of sushi I have ever been! They have an amazing variety of sushi, and I love the creativity of the dishes is amazing. Good selection of sake and great mojitos!
I used to travel from Mexico to visit this place and now I travel from East Tennessee to have the best sushi ever in this place!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

East by Southwest is always exceptional. I was most happy on my last visit when I requested Chef special from Sergio and was given an incredible sampling. Although I was raised on the west coast with some great Asian and Sushi restaurants (like California Beach by Kazoo) East by Southwest is the top of the mark. Always a first choice.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hip, funky-asian, happening atmosphere; not your serious, quiet, traditional setting, which was perfect for our evening. Excellent, attentive service. A varied menu, with sushi standards plus many adventurous offerings, which allowed for the varied palates in our party to to try and enjoy. Thanks to our server for the education and update on Unagi and for suggesting a tasty alternative. Very nice hand-mulled Mojitos (I know, I know, not Japanese, but yummy all the same). Only "eh": sushi cuts were a bit sparse

Reviewed November 24, 2013

East by Southwest is a Awesome restaurant! Great food with beautiful presentation. Their rolls are to die for. The atmosphere is very upbeat eastern. The staff are All really great. From the chefs to the wait staff! Stop and say hello to the owners Sergio and Heidi. Very nice folks. Max was our waiter and he was terrific. So is the bartender. Yummy Fresh made Mojitos are Really good! Set on the corner in old downtown, THIS is the place to go!