“dont do it !”
Review of Adobe Inn Durango

Adobe Inn Durango
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is the only one in america that charges your credit card before you arrive. The room was
small musty smelling and no coffee maker, a space heater for heat. We paid over 100$ for this room and it was not worth it. The toilet broke the first night we called to have it fixed and they did indeed fix it.
Although it sang a little song for the next 2 nights. Good shower water pressure. Uncomfortable bed.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roberto165

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Since I will be staying at an expensive hotel in Denver in a few nights, I was looking for something reasonably priced with a western flavor. The Adobe was just fine in my opinion. The rate ( in March ) was only $49 - a bargain. The room is spacious and nicely furnished. Plenty of hot water and two sources of heat.. However, there is no shampoo supplied and the " breakfast " is really minimal, although as another traveler noted, at least the packaged cinammon rolls are fresh. The coffee is good, too. A good overnight stay on a road trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank EAZELIFF
Reviewed February 5, 2012

i stayed here for a month while waiting for my apartment to be available. the room was clean, the staff and the general manager were great and it is so conveniently located to everything, including the trolley. if need be, this is the place i would stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank patrice s
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed in Adobe in August 2011 for two nights. The rooms and the complete Hotel needs work. Our room was in the second floor, reception side.
The bathroom was cleaned but old tiles and dirty joints between the tiles at some spots, broken tiles and old furniture makes it look dirty.
Bedroom was very dark, for finding stuff in our suitcase we used a torch.
Bed was OK and looked clean. We could hear the neighbour snore the complete night on one side and listen to the TV on the other.
Pool available but direct on the street not even separated by small trees or so, you basically lie on the sidewalk.
Would recommend this hotel if you need to sleep and all others are full.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Biggitom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

While the Adobe Inn looked quaint from the outside it wasn't great inside. I've stayed at Motel 6 motels that were nicer. The room was way over priced $115+tax for a king size bed.

The decor in the room tried to be cute and western, but... The bathroom was gross. The tiles were cracked, there was water damage on the wall, the cabinets and light fixtures hadn't been cleaned in at least a year.

The bed was comfortable but only three pillows. I did ask for more and was given some, which was nice. There were no outlets to plug in our phone chargers. When I looked behind the night stand I could not believe the dust and crud. Also, at this price, I would have expected an iron and ironing board in the room but not so.

Part of this was my fault though. I should not have gone to Durango on a holiday weekend at the last minute with no reservations. The only other room we could find was a smoking room at a chain hotel for $140+tax.

Our room was quiet but there were a lot of bikers who hung around outside smoking. The smoke was drawn into the room through the air conditioner. Glad we paid cash so they couldn't charge us for smoking in the room.

The front desk staff were very nice though. The outside sign and the front desk clerk said they served cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast. I was looking forward to it but they turned out to be prepackaged rolls. At least they were fresh. I wouldn't stay here again though.

This could be a really cute catchy motel with some fixing up, really deep cleaning, remodeling the bathrooms and furniture and hiring / training maids to keep the rooms clean.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank momofmany5
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in August after several days at Mesa Verde. Room was clean with adequate amenities for a budget motel - nice fluffy towels, great water pressure in shower, and adequate bedding.
Office staff very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations for meals. Location good, with easy access to downtown. Try Doughworks less than 1 mile north of the Adobe for great breakfast and lunch.
Did not meet anyone dissatisfied with accommodations as in several recent reviews. This was fine for our purposes of clean affordable lodging after days of hiking - and more character than similar low priced chain lodging.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank uma126
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I booked this hotel through Booking. com. Due unforseen circumstances, we were not able to complete our trip and stay here. I had taken down the number listed, but tried for two days to call and cancel the reservation. (We were camping and did not have internet access) Every time I tried to call, there was no answer, not even a recording. When I finally was able to reach a live person through Booking.com, she also was unable to contact the hotel directly. (We tried at different times, too.) Adobe Inn went ahead and charged my credit card anyway, after promising that a manager would look into it. I never did hear from a manager, and the front desk person, Chris, was pretty rude when I talked to him. At any rate, it is pretty poor practice to not have a phone line that is answered, a place to leave a message, or a way to reach this hotel other than through the internet. Never got to stay here and never will.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family