“We came, we soared, we made friends and took memories”

Soaring Tree Top Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through Old Growth Ponderosa forest and Aspen groves and across the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango & Silverton Train, Soaring is unique Colorado zip line adventure that has been enjoyed by guests ages 4-94! Price includes First Class train transportation to/from the property via the historic Durango & Silverton train, 5.5 hours Soaring across the 27 zip line spans, an Ecology tour interspersed in your day, a four-course gourmet lunch in the trees on a platform overlooking the Animas River, and all Sky Ranger guides and equipment. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Albuquerque, New Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We came, we soared, we made friends and took memories”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

As an ex-disney, theme park cast member, I expect a certain level of excellence that I rarely see in attractions... and this was an exception worth sharing. The crew were friendly, professional and safety aware, at all times. The zip lines were well maintained and fun. The lunch was delicious. The soaring guides were courteous, friendly and fun. The eco-guides were knowledgeable and helpful. This may sound like a rating by someones relative, but it isn't. Just a super-impressed guest who's expectations were blown away by an amazing group. We had a group of seven - young and old, and everyone left smiling.

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing - don't miss this one!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

At first you may think the price is a bit much - but I gladly would pay every penny again just to experience this much fun! You ride the train up to Tall Timber, disembarking while watching staff literally swinging from the trees. Everyone there treats you like royalty. Their professionalism and enthusiasm never stops; the zip line thrills and chills go on all day. A four-course gourmet lunch is provided mid-day; (Save room for the homemade cookie ice cream sandwich) - followed by even more zip adventures. The ecologists on staff were so informative - I thought they were only there to occupy us while we waited our turn, but they are so knowledgeable, and the information was shared with us in such a fun way. Who knew you could eat lichens! Thank you to J.T., and the girls, for showing us the mistletoe tree, and to everyone who shared their knowledge and sense of fun with us that day! I am 65 years old, and went upside down on the zip lines - an unforgettable experience that I intend to share with my whole family in the near future. The teens will especially love this adventure! Don't forget to stop in the gift shop to get your souvenirs before the train comes to take you back down to Durango. A wonderful, amazing, thrilling day that will stay in my memory forever. Thank you Denny, John Roy and family <3

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kathy W
Aztec
3 attraction reviews
“Unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The experience was amazing! The staff were polite & attentive. But the zip line and amazing views make this trip well worth it. Looking forward to another repeat. Thank you to everyone there.

Santa Clarita, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best day EVER!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that it was high school peer pressure that got me on this adventure! I zipped in Costa Rica several years ago and was terrified the whole time. This was a totally different experience. From the time Jamie, Mary, and Hugh (Who?) met us at the train in Durango until we returned tired, dirty, and exhilarated 9 hours later, we felt like VIPs. The entire staff is amazing. You will never meet a more professional group of young people. They strive to greet you by name at every meeting, whether it be at a landing platform or during the gourmet lunch that they serve. We learned about the land from our Eco-Rangers, Nick and Nicky. (Nick, your mom should be delighted with the choice you made for this summer!) I can't say enough about Jamie. She is a delight. Oh yes! The soaring! It was so much fun! I will not lie about being just a tad nervous each time I stepped off of a platform, but that was just me. The crew has you safe and sound at every step of the way. Do it! If eleven women from the class of 1969 can do it, with smiles that make your face hurt, so can you!

Visited June 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
“AMAZING!!! (:”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff was so so so friendly, very professional, and I felt like they really wanted to get to know me! It was a beautiful setting and I loved it!!! (: