“awesome adventure”

Soaring Tree Top Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through Old Growth Ponderosa forest and Aspen groves and across the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango & Silverton Train, Soaring is unique Colorado zip line adventure that has been enjoyed by guests ages 4-94! Price includes First Class train transportation to/from the property via the historic Durango & Silverton train, 5.5 hours Soaring across the 27 zip line spans, an Ecology tour interspersed in your day, a four-course gourmet lunch in the trees on a platform overlooking the Animas River, and all Sky Ranger guides and equipment. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Harker Heights, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“awesome adventure”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Absolutely worth the money. First class train ride, amazing staff, great food, and a zip line course that is outstanding. Jamie and Mary were so personable and engaging on the train ride up that it made us feel like we had been lifelong friends. Danny, Christian, the "crazygirls" and each and every skyranger on the course we're wonderful. I'm sorry I didn't remember all the names. Absolutely loved the ecologists and all the information ... can't believe we ate the moss which isn't what I meant by great food. I had to try the pineapple pecan sandwich and loved it enough that I have had several since getting back to Texas. I would usually call this a once in a lifetime adventure; however, we will definitely do this again!

1 Thank ctcpsu

Blanco, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exhilarating Experience!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Professional, friendly, & fun staff!
An all-day enjoyable time with our 10 year old grandson...from the friendly greeting by "A+ personality Jamie" at the train station, riding the historic train in our private car through magnificent mountain scenery, zipping through the trees with extremely skilled sky rangers (who are looking out for your safety every moment), being served a delicious gourmet meal in the wild, feeling a strong Christian, wholesome atmosphere...an absolute terrific adventure & totally happy we spent our vacation dollars here!

1 Thank chrcar
Temple, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Like many reviewers, the cost gave me pause. I can now say, without a doubt, it is worth every dollar! Outstanding staff, great course; in other words, I can't find anything to criticize. Trust me, don't miss this opportunity, it truly is an adventure.

1 Thank Dan M
Centennial
“Worth the money!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Went here for our anniversary and I was a blast. Much better than any other zip line I have done! Staff was amazing!

Santa Fe, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hands Down, the BEST part of our trip!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were a bit skeptical at first about booking this adventure due to the cost. We had two families with 4 kids (ages 9-17) so a total of 8 people. Booking was the best decision we made. This place is 1st class and the customer service is amazing! The zip lining was awesome too! The lunch they provided was some of the best food ever. From the time we boarded the train until the time we left the facility we were in complete amazement! No matter what you do while in Durango, you MUST make time for this! Even our teenagers were excited!

Visited June 2014

Been to Soaring Tree Top Adventures? Share your experiences!