“Exhilarating! Every one should try it!”

Soaring Tree Top Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a full day zip line adventure that takes you over 27 different zip line spans through Old Growth Ponderosa forest and Aspen groves and across the Animas River. Remotely located in the San Juan National Forest near Durango, CO and only accessible by the Durango & Silverton Train, Soaring is unique Colorado zip line adventure that has been enjoyed by guests ages 4-94! Price includes First Class train transportation to/from the property via the historic Durango & Silverton train, 5.5 hours Soaring across the 27 zip line spans, an Ecology tour interspersed in your day, a four-course gourmet lunch in the trees on a platform overlooking the Animas River, and all Sky Ranger guides and equipment. Reservations are required.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Indiana
“Exhilarating! Every one should try it!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The staff took the worry out of it. It was effortless. Soaring through the trees like an Eagle. What an unforfettable experience!

Bellingham, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An overdue review of a memorable experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

From the staff to the owner, everyone works hard to make your experience one-of-a-kind and unforgettable. I don't want to repeat what others have so perfectly stated - safety is first, so the thrill is massive but you know, you'll survive that 'first step for mankind' off the platform. They also put the protection of the trees first and you experience a tree-hugging, eco-friendly platform unlike so many other destructive ziplining tours. The staff loves their job and they create a day of bonding and joy for each guest. The food was wonderful and served in a tree platform beside the roaring water that was the next leg of our soaring experience. I hope to some day go back - an amazing experience and worth every dollar!!

Visited November 2012
Eagan, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
“Memorable once in a lifetime experience.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I took our two children, ages 10 and 13. We all LOVED it. It is more expensive then other courses, but given that it is the largest zip line in the world, and the train ride and lunch were included, it made it worth it for us. We wanted a memorable experience for our family. I'm a bit afraid of heights, but by the third platform, I was relaxed. Staff is very experienced and put safety first. Train ride there was gorgeous. Staff addresses you by name. Very nice gourmet lunch midway through. Five star service. This is definitely one for your Bucket List!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Facing my fears!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I gave my husband this adventure for his birthday, despite my fear of heights. (I love him a lot!) From the moment we boarded the train I felt well taken care of. The zip-line experience itself was UNBELIEVABLE!! I started out terrified. No really, deep breathing, tears, the whole bit, but before lunch (which was delicious) I was upside-down without hands! The staff is top-notch! Robin, Jimmy, Phil and Neal took impeccable care of us. Fun, personable, playful and knowledgeable!
It's an experience we will cherish forever!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alexis B
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Best way to experience the Rockies!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Amazing fall day in the San Juan mountains! The staff is top-notch, experienced and friendly. The zip line course is epic and the food is gourmet. You forget that you also get to experience an amazing train ride through one of the most beautiful canyons in the world. You can't beat a day with Soaring!