“Tasty food, what else do you want?”
Review of The Red Snapper

The Red Snapper
Ranked #44 of 206 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife had the 'special', scallops with sesame rice and a 'vanilla'(?) Grand Marinier sauce -- delicious; and I had the Ahi Tuna entree, also delicious. Nice venue--the salt water fish tank sure beat a flat screen blather of news or sports. Worth a trip if you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Red Snapper continues to be my favorite restaurant in town. We had a great server who was very friendly and knowledgeable. We were a party of 5, ordering everything from Crab Legs to Salmon, and we were all very happy with our food.

3  Thank jinxmonkey
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Found The Red Snapper while walking around downtown Durango. Wife had Lobster tail dinner. I had Halibut special with sliced potatoes with a Lobster meat barranaise sauce. Both meals came with home made mixed vegetables that were amazing. All food excellent.

4  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Durango. Great salad bar. Had scallops, they were also great. Our waitperson, Sarah, could not of been better. Even recommend another restaurant that was on our way out of Durango. There wine list was full of great wines.
A must stop in Durango.

BUD CARTER

4  Thank BUDCARTER
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We (6 of us) eat at the Red Snapper 1 to 2 times per year on our sightseeing travels... and they have always delighted us with their delicious food selections.

Last Saturday I had their Halibut... wish I could have eaten the whole thing... it was by far the best I'd ever eaten!

The service was excellent... the restaurant is clean and the food was (again) delicious with generous portions.

Definitely recommended to anyone traveling through this area looking for great seafood or steaks. I add the steak recommendation since one of our friends could not quit raving about the Rib-Eye.... he absolutely loved it.

And the garlic mashed potatoes... perfectly done... not too garlicky... just right.

Also, great wine list... we had a new wine called Jacobs Creek... inexpensive and tasty!

They also take reservations... enjoy your tasting adventure!!!

3  Thank BeckyBAG

Been to The Red Snapper? Share your experiences!