“Great food and service.”
Review of The Red Snapper

The Red Snapper
Ranked #51 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Found The Red Snapper while walking around downtown Durango. Wife had Lobster tail dinner. I had Halibut special with sliced potatoes with a Lobster meat barranaise sauce. Both meals came with home made mixed vegetables that were amazing. All food excellent.

4  Thank Scott B
There are newer reviews for The Red Snapper

Reviewed September 5, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Durango. Great salad bar. Had scallops, they were also great. Our waitperson, Sarah, could not of been better. Even recommend another restaurant that was on our way out of Durango. There wine list was full of great wines.
A must stop in Durango.

BUD CARTER

4  Thank BUDCARTER
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We (6 of us) eat at the Red Snapper 1 to 2 times per year on our sightseeing travels... and they have always delighted us with their delicious food selections.

Last Saturday I had their Halibut... wish I could have eaten the whole thing... it was by far the best I'd ever eaten!

The service was excellent... the restaurant is clean and the food was (again) delicious with generous portions.

Definitely recommended to anyone traveling through this area looking for great seafood or steaks. I add the steak recommendation since one of our friends could not quit raving about the Rib-Eye.... he absolutely loved it.

And the garlic mashed potatoes... perfectly done... not too garlicky... just right.

Also, great wine list... we had a new wine called Jacobs Creek... inexpensive and tasty!

They also take reservations... enjoy your tasting adventure!!!

3  Thank BeckyBAG
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is not a chain restaurant. Its the real deal culinary experience. The salad bar is awesome. The seafood dishes are exciting and unusual. I think you will be impressed. We usually make it our anniversary place for dinner every year.

3  Thank BacherlorMine
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

You wonder about how good seafood can be in a relatively small town hundreds of miles from the ocean. Don't worry about it at the Red Snapper. I had the Cioppino ($22) and it was delicious. The tomato broth was thicker than most, but it certainly worked. We started with Calamari ($9) which was nicely cooked and lightly breaded. My son had the Lobster Pot Pie ($20) which contained huge chunks of lobster and a delicious creamy sauce baked in a puff pastry.
Price-wise it's a little higher than I'd expect, but when you consider where you are it's not bad.
Our server Paul was attentive without being intrusive.
Overall a very good meal.

2  Thank J_n_G_n_AZ