“Great dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 183 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Being from Texas gulf coast, I was not sure about seafood in Colorado. Gave it a try with my husband & three kids and am glad we did. Grilled shrimp was excellent and salad bar had a nice variety. Our bill was pretty high but it was worth it.

“A must in Durango!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I recently visited Durango for the first time. We found the Red Snapper through a local we sat next to that morning at a cafe. He had said it was a half a block off of main street but it was awesome seafood and a great salad bar. So we decided to take his advice and we were so thankful we did. We were greeted promptly by the owners John and nancy at the door. We decide to sit at the bar first for a glass of wine before dinner. We had such a great bartender that we decided to stay a dine at the bar. Everything was great! The best scallops I've ever had which was very surprising because we were in a small mountain town. We had such a fabulous time. we will definitely be back.

“I'm hooked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased the other night to venture into The Red Snapper just off Main st. in Durango, Co. Coming from California, my wife and I are usually skeptical of real seafood fare. We were pleasantly surprised by the wonderful atmosphere, top notch service and amazing dishes. We enjoyed the delicious and moderately priced lobster pie an my wife was gaga over the tequila shrimp. Cocktails were creative and tasty. Next time we are back in town The Red Snapper will be our first stop. Thank you to all of the staff for a wonderful experience.

Oak Lawn, Illinois
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The local magazines describe this place as "fine dining"....NOT. First thing wrong; butter had an off taste. When questioned, the waitress admitted that they cut the butter with margarine! Menu lists chicken diablo made with a bone-in chicken breast. NOT! It was a thigh that was about 3 ounces. "Lobster" pot pie contained nothing but crab...no lobster. When we asked to speak to the manager, he was indifferent at best and downright rude at the least. Flat out told us that while the customer is always right, we were wrong! I have eaten enough lobster in my day and cut up enough chicken in my day to know a thigh bone when I see one and lobster when it's not. The manager said "sorry" and walked away. The waitress apologized profusely but it isn't her fault...she's serving what the cook....notice I didn't say chef....puts out.

4 Thank PatM60453
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Red Snapper is a half block off of the main street and truly wonderful. As its name implies, they have lots of seafood on the menu. They have one of the best salad bars that I have seen in years. Our server was Buzz and in addition to being professional and efficient, a pure delight.

• Visited May 2013