“Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Durango
Texas
“Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Durango Lodge is a small hotel that we've stayed at many times mainly because of it's location. It can't be beat for price and location. We've stayed at all the historical hotels in town but keep coming back to the Durango Lodge. On this last visit they had upgraded the beds, tvs, etc. It's still just a regular small hotel but we park our car and never move it. It's a half block from the train, a few doors from the movie theater and near one of the best restaurants in town. There is coffee, juice and bakery items for breakfast but it's also two doors down from a bagel shop that serves breakfast. A Ralph Lauren store is next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mimi999Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights in early July 2011 so that we could enjoy a day on the Durango - Silverton Railroad. The room was very clean, spacious and had a balcony as we had requested. Free continental breakfast (good doughnuts). 2 min walk to the railway station and close to all the bars and restaurants in town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wrensnestred
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Usually I am afraid to book family owned type of motels online because I have had bad experiences before. But I was so pleased with this motel. Very clean, friendly staff, and you can walk to anything you need...except a laundrymat. Since we were traveling by motorcycle we pack light and need to wash along the way. This motel does not have any laundry service, or washer dryer for customer use. The closest cleaners/laundry was too far to walk, so we had to pack it on the bike and drop it off. Slight inconvenience really for the price and service provided. We ended up staying an extra day. The only reason I didnt give the best score is lack of coin operated laundry. The breakfast is ok- but there is a bagel shop, a french bakery, and starbucks within 1 block.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This lodge has got the best location in town. If you're interested in exploring Old Town Durango and maybe hiking an entire block to the train depot for your old-timey rail adventure. ;-) The rates were excellent and the free breakfast was better than average. Free in-room wi fi was a wonderful bonus. The customer service exceeded my expectations, too, when I left a pair of earrings in the room, I emailed the next day and without hesitation, the manager retrieved the jewelry and mailed them to my home at no cost to me. If I'm ever in Durango again, and I hope I am because it's a great old mountain town with tons of atmosphere, I would stay here again, no question.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Christine C
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I recently read a review from a pagosa visitor to this hotel and totally disagree. We grew up in the durango area and our career tracks took us to Denver, but we have always chosen to return to this hotel for their honest local hospitality and caring of their guests. I do agree that the halls and area are patroled for the safety and comfort of their guests. They do not tolerate loud guests, parties or any other situation that will affect their other guests. As a traveler I choose to continue to stay with this tpe of family atmosphered hotels because I can sleep comfortably knowning that I am in a safe environment. We have stayed with family, friends and have recommended clients here and never have we been given a negative review.

IT IS NOT the Marriott, Radisson, or General Palmer but neither are their prices................please consider staying at this hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank ladycolorado
Pagosa Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

the prices are the same as the General Palmer steps away and 1/8 of the amenities... The Manager patrolled the hallways at night , and was even standing outside our window on the sidewalk street side ..This is not a good choice if your headed to Durango to hear music ... A much better option if the Historic Strater or the Best western ..... They all cost about the same.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank fiddles1
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

This is probably the best value in downtown Durango, since everything else we looked at was almost twice the price. The room was clean. The bathroom looked new. We asked for a balcony room and were able to get one which was nice. We were on the west side of the motel, however, and some process at the railroad center sprewed smoke and noise almost constantly. Didn't make for a restful sleep the first night when we had the window open for the purpose of enjoying the mountain air. Try for a room on the east side which may be quieter. The hallway had a musty smell and was very dark. Luckily, the room didn't take on the odor. A decent stay and I'd stay again if in Durango.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple