“What a Horrible Place” 1 of 5 stars

Budget Inn
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Durango
“What a Horrible Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

$156.00 for 2 nights; we might as well have thrown the money in the river. Run down, dirty, stained box on bed but I was afraid to look at the mattress. I never took my shoes off except to go to bed the oldy/moldy carpet was so nasty and frayed. The bathroom floor was a little sticky. The smell was heavy with strong, sweet smell...had to air it out everytime we went in.
We figured the sheets were washed so we did sleep there but even took showers when we went to the hot springs instead of in the room. Air conditioner dirty and loud. Walls stained, marred.
I can't understand how they pass any kind of health inspection.
The BEST thing about the hotel is that there's a very nice coffee shop across the street.

Room Tip: Don't choose this one.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Patsy T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Carlsbad, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

When we walked into the motel room we started laughing and couldnt stop. I claimed the bed that the head of the bed wasnt 4 inches lower than the foot. The curtains were full of moth holes. The carpet was very old and frayed to the point you could see the under floor an inch around the edges. The sheets were very stained. Pillows were very flat. One small bar of soap in lavatory and one in bath tub. Nothing else. Refrigerator small with huge dent in front and no shelves inside. Towels and wash cloths so thin you could see through them. Toilets barely flush. If you are just going to sleep and go it will do. Not good. We had it booked for 2 nights but left after the first night with no refund but it was worth leaving and losing the money.

Room Tip: Dont bother...pay a little extra and get a better motel. We left after one night and had it booked f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
9 Thank John M

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Did not sleep at all at this place, heater/AC did not work right and it smelt like smoke every time I turned it on. People blasting music and a lot of people on drugs stay here it is like an apartment complex then a hotel. GO TO TRAVEL LODGE OR KIGHTS INN WAY BETTER

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank Quin Q
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

worst experience. upon entering room after check in, we discovered bed was wet with urine. it was a large area on sheets and mattress that was wet and then covered with the bedspread. we reported to the front desk and they
accused us of doing it. We had to demand another room. They did give us another room.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank jleama
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My crew of movers stayed in this hotel. Staff was rude, and frankly, possibly on drugs. The stain on one of the mattresses looked like someone may have given birth on it.
My assistant booked this "hotel" for my workers. I dearly wished I would have seen this site that would have saved my men the trouble. 2 of my crew slept in the moving truck. The office is closed after 10:30 so no one is available in case of emergency. The "manager" said their hours are posted and that they have many live-in tenants. Well- guess what?! You are not advertising as an apartment complex! A hotel should have clean mattresses, coffee in the morning and someone to answer a phone for their customers. I don't care if it was only $50/night. $50/ a night should pay for common decency and cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank dressagetwit719
Grand Junction Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'm honestly not sure what folks are complaining about. My room was old but put together well. Bed was firmish, which I like, shower was hot, toilet flushed, TV worked. What is it that people want out of this very inexpensive business ? I could easily have paid twice as much in some motel/hotels. I hope that future customers are reasonable in their expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rick P
San Miguel de Allende, MX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

And I've traveled extensively in the 2nd and 3rd world. At the Budget Inn, in Durango, CO, I found roaches, unhelpful staff, and a refusal to refund my money after the room I had reserved was not available. After checking in I went into town for dinner, when I returned, the AC unit in my King sized room was not functioning. They offered me a room with 3 queen sized beds jammed in like some 3rd world hostal, but would not refund the difference between a king sized room and a queen room, (only $10). When I saw a roach crawl over my pillow, I decided to check into another hotel, and was quite happy to pay almost twice the rate of the "Budget" Inn for it. If you're on that much of a budget that you have to stay in this hotel, my heart goes out to you. Stay away from this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo