“This is the worst hotel we've stayed at.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Durango
“This is the worst hotel we've stayed at.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

worst experience. upon entering room after check in, we discovered bed was wet with urine. it was a large area on sheets and mattress that was wet and then covered with the bedspread. we reported to the front desk and they
accused us of doing it. We had to demand another room. They did give us another room.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank jleama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My crew of movers stayed in this hotel. Staff was rude, and frankly, possibly on drugs. The stain on one of the mattresses looked like someone may have given birth on it.
My assistant booked this "hotel" for my workers. I dearly wished I would have seen this site that would have saved my men the trouble. 2 of my crew slept in the moving truck. The office is closed after 10:30 so no one is available in case of emergency. The "manager" said their hours are posted and that they have many live-in tenants. Well- guess what?! You are not advertising as an apartment complex! A hotel should have clean mattresses, coffee in the morning and someone to answer a phone for their customers. I don't care if it was only $50/night. $50/ a night should pay for common decency and cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank dressagetwit719

Travelers are raving about these Durango hotels

Grand Junction Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'm honestly not sure what folks are complaining about. My room was old but put together well. Bed was firmish, which I like, shower was hot, toilet flushed, TV worked. What is it that people want out of this very inexpensive business ? I could easily have paid twice as much in some motel/hotels. I hope that future customers are reasonable in their expectations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Rick P
San Miguel de Allende, MX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

And I've traveled extensively in the 2nd and 3rd world. At the Budget Inn, in Durango, CO, I found roaches, unhelpful staff, and a refusal to refund my money after the room I had reserved was not available. After checking in I went into town for dinner, when I returned, the AC unit in my King sized room was not functioning. They offered me a room with 3 queen sized beds jammed in like some 3rd world hostal, but would not refund the difference between a king sized room and a queen room, (only $10). When I saw a roach crawl over my pillow, I decided to check into another hotel, and was quite happy to pay almost twice the rate of the "Budget" Inn for it. If you're on that much of a budget that you have to stay in this hotel, my heart goes out to you. Stay away from this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Spike J
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

As we approach the town of Durango, I ask what hotel we were staying at? My dad answered "The Budget Inn!" I guess that when he was looking at hotels it was a three star hotel. To keep it short it wasn't. When we pulled up in a Cadillac we knew out of place, and the Amish people in the rooms next to our parking spot knew it too! My dad still was optimistic so he got the keys to the room and we went to go check it out. While looking at the "pool" we could see that it hadent been cleaned in many months! We walked into the room and me and my brother started laughing at the stench of mold and dust! My dad still optimistic went to the bathroom to turn on the lights and he turns to us and says "not happening!" Please do yourself a favor and stay as far as possible from the budget inn unless your looking to dare your friend to stay there a night!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank Rockiesfan12
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were in town for my Daughters graduation from Fort Lewis College and our favorite hotel was booked solid because of the graduation as were all the hotels.So I started looking at motels. Budget Inn had vacancy.I had never even seen the place on previous trips but I thought Durango is a nice clean little town it will be fine....how wrong I was,The minute I pulled up I knew I had made a big mistake. The prostitute smoking in front of the place led me to ask for the room key before we unloaded our luggage. Upon entering the room I was hit in the face with a horrible smell of mold and filth. The room was worse than I could have ever imagined.I do think a homeless person would turn it down for free. Everything was dirty and moldy. I returned to our car in tears with the thought of having to sleep in the car. There was no way I could allow my family to even enter the room. The manager Karlin Mayberry did not care and still charged my card. Thankfully the Travelodge across the street had rooms available and they were very clean. Please do your self a favor and avoid this place. It is disgusting.

Room Tip: Go to the traveldge accross the street !The staff is friendly ,the rooms are CLEAN and reasonable
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank kcpixchick
Redruth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Checked in, but was unable to log on to the free wifi, so went back to reception and got that sorted and connected but lost connection in our first room. So went back to reception and was offered a room closer to enable us to connect to wifi. 2nd room stank or either smoke or damp or a mixture of both. Checked out 15 mins after checking in. Would highly recommend avoiding this place. We ended up in the Travellodge accross the street. Our experience with this Budget Inn nearly prevented us from trying a couple of others on our road trip which i have to say were superb. Its a shame an establishment like this is allow to tarnish the reputation of others.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple