“Good New Mexican food!”

Description: Voted Durango's 2010 & 2011 Best Mexican Restaurant
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Good New Mexican food!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went to this restaurant my first night in Durango. This place is a nice hole in the wall place with very good food and VERY hot salsa. In fact, they warn you about it on the menu! But it was a refreshing change from the kind you usually get in a Mexican restaurant! Highly recommended!

Visited February 2014

Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best New Mexican”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great food, great service, great prices. The green chili is hot, the red chili is tasty, the beans are delicious. All was fresh and came out so fast! The frozen Grand Gold Margs are awesome!

• Visited February 2014
New Mexico
“Great Service”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had 5 couples take a trip to Durango for the Valentines weekend and decided to stop on the way home and eat at one of our favorite places. The server was excellent, she took our order for all the people at our table without even writing it down and got everyones order perfect. The Chips and Salsa were great and the food was very good. The Chile was just right...we will be stopping in to eat on our next visit for sure....we ate at another Mexican place in Durango for Valentines day because we couldn't get in here and it was not Mexican food at all and way more expensive than Gaspachos so if you are looking for Mexican food try this place...

• Visited February 2014
Peralta, New Mexico
“Mexico makes it north”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

You feel like you are in a cavern with all the mexican decor and music but it is very clean and the staff was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was excellent and priced right. They are open late which makes it pleasant to visit when you aren't quite ready for a meal at the normal dinner hour.

Visited January 2014
Utah
“Gazpachos Has a Problem”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Gazpachos has been my favorite New Mexican style restaurant for a long time. I usually plan to eat there every time I get over that way. Last week though they disappointed me big time. I ordered the guacamole for an appetizer. When it came, I noticed that parts of it had the brown color that can come from not being fresh. Then I tasted it. Ugh, not sure what it was but it tasted nothing like guacamole should. I tried another small bite and that was it. No more. When my plate of flat enchiladas with an egg on top arrived, it looked as usual. It was okay but I had ordered the ground beef and it was put in there without any sauce so when you peeled back the tortilla it was just mounds and mounds of taco meat. The real problem came when I cut the egg..the white squirted out, literally squirted out, as in not cooked. I had to stop there. They did not charge me for the guacamole thank goodness as in $8.00 for bad guac. I did not complain about the enchiladas because I had eaten part of them. I won't be back for awhile and when I do, I may eat at a different place. I was sooooo disappointed as usually I can count on them to be the best. The best flavor, the best heat..everything. The service was great, I will say that, but the food was awful. Please retrain your cooks.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cropsis
Matt A, Owner at Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking Y Cantina, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Cropsis,
Thank you for your honest and timely review, because you took the time to let me know about your recent experience I have the opportunity to address the problem NOW! We are training several new people in the kitchen, but it is clear that they have not gotten the most important piece of our training. It is one simple question, would you serve this dish to your Mother?
We will continue in our efforts to make all of our guests feel like family! I apologize that your experience was so sub par and I thank you again for bringing it to my attention.

Matt Arias