“Awesome restaurant”

Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking Y Cantina
Ranked #24 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted Durango's 2010 & 2011 Best Mexican Restaurant
Oakland, California
“Awesome restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Everything about this restaurant was great: from the food, to the drinks, and the staff, especially Ashley Howell. She took care of my party all night. I will definitely visit this restaurant again the next time I'm in Durango.

Durango, Colorado
“Good food. Still a general Mexican box food restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Sean the waiter was excellent. Great service and stuff memorized like nobody's buisness!

Food was served superfast and impressioned that it was just a premade comercial box brand that restaurants buy in general. But nevertheless, still not bad at all.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Food! Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We've been to Durango numerous times but this was our first trip to Gazpacho's. We were very impressed with the shredded beef, green chili, Santa Fe blue corn enchiladas. The sopapillas and sunrise margaritas were also great.
To top it off Hannah provided excellent service and addressed all of our needs without us having to ask for a single thing!
Thanks again for an exceptional experience!
We will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
Lamesa
“Great service. Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our server was Sean and has been noted in other reviews he is just superior. Courteous, knowledgeable and fast.

I suspect that their food is probably very good but I ordered a taco plate (so did my wife). I ordered ground beef and she had shredded beef and chicken. The shells on the ground beef tacos, which looked homemade, were absolutely soaked, limp and falling apart. You could not hope to pick one up and I ate them with a fork. On the other hand, those on my wife's tacos were in good shape. I suspect that the grease or water in the ground beef sat too long in the shell before it was served. I would recommend the shredded for sure although the flavor of both the shredded and ground was very good. Also, I ordered a side order of guacamole. Be careful. The order was huge and cost $8. Also, they put lots of lime (maybe tomatillo but I think not) in the guacamole and we didn't think it was very good and left most of it. Lastly, the refried beans were unusual. The best we could figure is that they use the "instant" refried bean mixes you can find. Nothing like real refried beans using real beans.

We travel all over the Southwest and love Mexican food. The service is excellent and I think the food is probably good if you order the right thing....we apparently did not. I'm rating it a 4 simply due to the superior service that Sean provides.

Durango, Colorado
“Love the green chili”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great service and atmosphere. Sean has been a server here for years and is excellent. Food is really spicy (even the salsa) and goes great with their sunrise margaritas.

• Visited November 2013