“Thanks Chris”

Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking Y Cantina
Ranked #27 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted Durango's 2010 & 2011 Best Mexican Restaurant
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
“Thanks Chris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We walked in the restaurant and annouced we needed a table for 10. They told us it would be about 20 minutes. The host kept going downstairs to check and report back to us. The table we got in about 15 minutes and the tablehad all the silverware and a glass of water for everyone. Chris took our drink order first thing we sat down. Chips and Salsa was delivered, then drinks were delivered with no mistakes. Order was taken and food came out without any mistakes. Service was great, food was delicious and hot. When I go back to Durango again I will go back. I will also recomend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great foor.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Definately Spicy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I wanted some great Mexican food, but it was just OK. I think they out too much spice in their food. The guacamole has a funny taste like cumin. They added cumin to everything in excess. I like cumin, however it was over spiced in my opinion. The salsa is very hot. So beware. I read reviews on other sites and they were accurate as far as average food. It was fresh and service was good, not great but good. I liked the sopapillas they give you at the end of your meal, nice touch.

• Visited March 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Payton was awsome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went to lunch at Gazpacho's today. The food was good but the service was over the top good. Thank you for all of the attention Payton. You get two thumbs up!

Durango, Colorado
“Excellent customer service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Today was my first time going to Gazpacho. Some friends of mine said that it was the best Mexican food in Durango, and since it's my birthday today we thought we would give it a try. Payton was our server and he was so great! He had such an upbeat and friendly attitude and he even sang happy birthday to me! The food here is SOOO good too! I will be eating here again, and asking for Payton to be my server! THANKS GAZPACHO!

Evergreen, Colorado
“Fall into blue corn tortillas and the best rellanos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We eat here twice in a five night stay....the food is great and the fish tacos are the best anywhere on Friday nights. The qaint rooms are fun and the place is usually packed with people! The margharitas are super too....their red sauce is not as good as their green....but spices are ever present,making the choices delectable!

Visited March 2013