“Real Mexican food in Colorado”

Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking Y Cantina
Ranked #28 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Voted Durango's 2010 & 2011 Best Mexican Restaurant
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Real Mexican food in Colorado”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife went to school here and she said there is a Mexican place that they went to 10 years ago and it was amazing...so I had to try it. The food and the drinks came out in lightning speed. Tried the gazpacho first and it was delicious. I then had the Santa Fe enchiladas and they were also great. The wife had tacos and she enjoyed them. Everything was great and would go back in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Canniff9

Milford, Michigan, United States
“BEST EVER MEXICAN FOOD!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I enjoy Mexican food very much and over the years, have been to many. On past visits to Durango, CO, we have always made it a point to have dinner at Francisco's and did again this trip. Our friends also suggested we try Gazpacho, a new Mexican restaurant in town since our last visit. I can honestly tell you that Gazpacho served us the BEST Mexican food we have EVER had . . . even better than the "best" places in Southwest Detroit! It was amazing! Everything, including the service was excellent. The Gazpacho soup was extraordinary and it's a "must have" when you stop in at Gazpacho Mexican Restaurant in Durango, CO. Highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kristene R
Grand Junction, Colorado
“New Mexican Cusine North of the Border”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We love the great New Mexico style cooking like you find in Albuquerque and Santa Fe, but in general have not been able to find authentic New Mexican food since we have moved to Colorado. The exception is Gazpacho's Mexican Restaurant. They get many of their ingredients from New Mexico and don't water down the heat for the milder Colorado tastes. They even include sopapillas with honey for dessert! One of my favorite entrees is the Santa Fe Enchiladas. Layered New Mexico style and you can get the egg on top if you desire.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PurplePica
Durango, Colorado
“Great "new" mexican!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Fajatias are awesome! wish they had out-door seating, but the service is always great. Margaritas are awesome too!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Raillerie
“I will certainly take my family back!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The wait staff checked on our table several times just to make sure our water was filled and to make sure we had enough napkins - I think they saw what a mess my daughter was making.  The burrito I had was surprisingly good, very fresh and vibrant tasting, and my wife really liked her vegetarian dish.  We will be back for more margaritas, especially with the great service pushing them our way!

1 Thank Chiefbeefthief