“Nice meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Francisco's Restaurante - CLOSED

Francisco's Restaurante
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I were wandering around the charming downtown of Durango, Co when hunger struck. It was a Friday night so the wait times were pretty long at our first two choices. We decided to try Francisco's Restaurante Y Cantina by default. It is old school Mexican food with no real surprises on the entrée menu. However there was a surprise on the appetizer list. I tried Ted's Tequila Shrimp for my dinner and was not disappointed. It is four large shrimp bathed in a garlic and tequila cream sauce served with fresh baguette slices and a deep fried breaded avocado half. Let me tell you, it was good and the bread was perfect for sopping up the yummy cream sauce. My husband had a beef chimichanga plate with refried beans and rice. He ate every last bite so it must have been good. He said he wasn't hungry for the sopapillas that came with his meal but, once he took a small bite, he ate the whole thing! The service was friendly but uneven. Our server seemed distracted even though he didn't seem to be responsible for too many tables. The décor is typical of Mexican restaurants everywhere but I did like the curved booth we were given since it gave us the chance to people watch while we ate. It seemed like lots of locals frequent this place. Overall, I would say the food was good while the décor and service were average.

• Visited July 2013

Michigan City, Indiana
“Bad Mexican food.....don't go!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is pretend Mexican food in a nice setting. Don't go. There are better priced and tasting Mexican spots in Durango. Try Zia's (2 locations) for fresh organic and inexpensive Mexican food.

Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Margs were decent - sloooooowwww service and marginal food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We must have caught them on a busy night (Saturday) when someone called in sick. Service was absolutely the slowest! Wait staff was polite but they were definitely short-handed. 3 of our group ordered fajitas and she only brought out 4 tortillas for all of us - came by 10 minutes later with 5 more, but by they it was too little, too late. Watched bartender grab our water pitcher by the pouring lip with his bare fingers and then refill it - told waitress to find us a new pitcher.
Margs were okay, but overpriced.
Would not go back - many better options in Durango.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bennetfa
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant is part of the tourist strip in Durango near the train station.
We'd found food in Durango to not be cheap but Francisco's was quite acceptable.
Food is varied and extremely nice. I had the Rocky Mountain trout and it was fantastic.
Gluten-friendly restaurant as well.
Service first class.

Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Came for the margs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stopped at Francisco's after a long day of traveling. I got the combination especial which was okay. Lots of enchilada sauce made it all taste like one flavor. My sister had the Santa Fe Tostada salad, which she really enjoyed. A prickly pear margarita & a plain ol' margarita on the rocks were highlights of the meal. Service was good & the staff was friendly & attentive. Only a portion of their meal was Mexican, which might have swayed my decision to eat there if I'd seen that before sitting. Regardless, we left full & happy.

Visited July 2013