“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We've gone to Francisco's with family for years. It has been dependable and something a large group of diverse folks can agree on. Recently, on a visit back to Durango we went again. Wow. It has really gone downhill. I am not sure why they call themselves a Mexican restaurant any more - other than the chips and salsa they bring you, it is like a Denny's. Food was uninspired and options were blah. Wait staff was friendly, but that didn't make up for a disappointing evening.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I'm not sure why I did not have luck picking restaurants for this trip, I was definitely looking for good local grub but was so dissatisfied I left not impressed blah about this place... we had stroganoff, chicken linguine, chicken tenders (my 5 yr old) and taquitos! The only person raving was the 5yr old......

1  Thank Cyn R
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm from Texas, so I know quality Mexican food and this place does not have it. We were excited to go since it was recommended by several people and we were sorely disappointed. They served us re-heated chicken fried steaks because the kitchen ran out of fajita meat. The chips and salsa were mediocre at best and were not fresh. We won't return and advise anyone we know to go elsewhere.

1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Poor quality, poor execution resulting in poor stomach! Nothing worth eating. Too bad. It is in a great location and must survive on first and only timers.

2  Thank TRMSouthwestUSA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food is good, and the service is wonderful. Friendly waitresses will help with menu questions. Francisco's is good for lunch or dinner. Don't go in looking like a slob.