“This picture is not representative of how good the food is.”
Review of Himalayan Kitchen

Himalayan Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Durango, Colorado
“This picture is not representative of how good the food is.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I never thought I would like this kind of food, but the smells entice you to taste the curry chicken, and to try the mustard colored stuff and to sample to bread. The soup... and Desert! Great wait staff. Don't deny yourself the experience.

Visited September 2012

Eureka Springs
“Lunch Buffet = Great Value”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I came for the $9.99 lunch buffet and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were plenty of choices: Hot and cold. Vegetarian and meaty. Spicy and not quite as spicy. I found them all to be quite good. The only service required was removing dirty plates and refilling water glasses. The staff was exceedingly fast at this task. I can't think of a better value in Durango. Also, I understand this restaurant is very generous with making and keeping commitments to community service, providing space for meetings and food for volunteers. I appreciate that. I'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

It's great to find an Indian/Nepalese restaurant in this area. I recently ate there with my teenage daughter and it was excellent! We had chicken and vegetarian dishes with naan bread and a couple of mango lassis. Em was thinking of the kheer but the portion sizes are generous and we couldn't manage dessert. It did take a while for someone to take our order, but other than that, the service was excellent. We will definitely become regulars.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas
“Unusual place for Durango.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Enjoyed the food here. Very eclectic. I would have never expected to find this type of restaurant in this town.

Visited June 2012
Curitiba, PR
“Tasty Indian and Nepalese Food In Durango”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

By coincidence, my wife and I managed to eat in two "Himalayan" restaurants in Southern Colorado on consecutive nights and both of them were pretty awesome. We have to give the slight edge to "Guru's Restaurant" in Montrose, but The Himalayan Kitchen in Durango is no slouch, believe me. We eat vegetarian and the food at The Himalayan Kitchen is really, really good. The place was packed on a Friday night, but the staff got us a table quickly and the food was delivered very efficiently. The proportions were nice and the Nan was great. We love our meal here!

• Visited September 2012