“Best Burgers in Town”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Durango, Colorado
“Best Burgers in Town”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

As a resident, I have sampled just about everything in town. This is the greatest place in town for handmade burgers! One of our favorite spots: great burgers, great fries, great local brews and a pub atmosphere. Mondays are Burger Nights for reduced prices. A visit to Durango wouldn't be the same without a stop here for lunch or dinner.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Geo1220

Fritch, Texas
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We started our meal with the buffalo wings as an app. They had a good flavor. We each ordered a OTC burger my husband with fries mine with potato salad. The burger was HUGE! They are real patties not just a frozen one like so many have turned to. Now the fries were perfect. Crispy on the outside and soft middle. Now the potato salad I was not a fan of. It had a strange taste that was just over powering. I am not sure if this is a Colorado type of potato salad and I am used to a "Texas" type. Feel free to give it a try but I suggest the fries. I have read some complaining about the fries being greasy. Um.... French fries are FRIED in grease. So yes they may have some grease. They were in no way overly greasy.

Vail, CO
“Skip this place”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place was not clean, and that automatically ruins my experience. The food was below par, and my burger was overcooked and the fires were greasy. I won't be back.

Vancouver, Washington
“Great grub in a fun place”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our hotelier recommended this place; it was a Monday, so burgers and brews were discounted. The burger was huge -- 1/2 pound -- so my wife and I split it. With salad and a cup of soup, and pints of the local beer, the tab came in under $25, for a most satisfying meal. The place was 'jumping'; we had to wait a tad for a table, but it was worth it. I'd certainly go there again.

Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Burgers Anywhere (good deal too!!)”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not knowing where to have our dinner after our roundtrip train ride from Durango to Silverton, my sister and I decided that the "name" of "Old Timers" (yes, I know, that's not the way the name of the restaurant is spelled) fit us to a tee! Upon arriving, we noticed the Monday special was the $5.50 burger. We discovered that the burger was normally $9, so it was worth a try. Well, the meat was moist, the onion bun was soft on the outside and toasted on the inside; not too bready... just right. The $5.50 burger came with all of the "normal" fixin's... lettuce, tomato, pickle, & purple onion. If you want cheese, it's 50 cents extra (although, cheese is included on non-Mondays...when the burger is $9). We each added mayo and mustard and the burgers were PERFECT! Lots and lots of fries were also included -- and they were crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. They were also just about perfecto! And, the service was very friendly and cheerful. The place was very busy and we received our food in a very timely manner (less than 10 min). I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the "Olde Tymer's Cafe" to anyone who enjoys a great burger and good service (and appreciates a good value)!

1 Thank Marilyn H