“Ladies who lunch”

The Palace Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Palace Restaurant features classic American cuisine. Steaks, seafood, pasta, great sauces, homemade breads and desserts. You can elect to dine in our family-friendly Victorian tavern and order from our moderately priced tavern menu or sit in our elegant dining room and order from our fine dining menu. On our summertime patio, both menus are available. Our restaurant is located in a circa-1880 building and is styled with beautiful Victorian furnishings, such as dark woods and Tiffany-style lamps. Our dining room fire place makes for a romantic evening out in the winter and our tavern and patio are "local favorites." From casual to elegant, we provide a very special dining room experience, with great, classic food and a friendly staff. Please join us!
durango, co
“Ladies who lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Never a disappointment here. From the food, chefs and a great manager it never fails. I ordered something I thought I had before, and it was not what I thought. The fault was mine. The manager never flinched and asked to bring me something else. I order their steak and pommel frites. It came out immediately. It was just excellent customer service.

Visited September 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived around 8pm and were shown to a small table next to a large table of of people eating and enjoying themselves. We are both hard of hearing and since place was no where near full asked if we could sit in different area. The hostess checked if waiter was available and he was although I at first felt he was slightly annoyed by having a table out side his section. While we did get silverware and bread plates we never received bread. So I'm not sure of the point of those. Food was not too long of a wait. Chicken and dumplings good and the hamburger was fine (extra 75 cents for cheese). This is our third time to Durango, we have friends who visit frequently. I think the restaurant needs to remember not all customers are in just one time and treat every customer as one who will be back AND tell their friends.

2 Thank Calm2
Durango, Colorado
“Disappointing Lately”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

"Service" at this downtown restaurant next to the train depot seems to have taken a back seat lately - Food seems to coming out of the kitchen very slow and the servers do not seem to be on "top of their game". Had to ask our server for bread when the salads arrived, food is slow coming out of the kitchen. This restaurant was one of my favorites in Durango.......but with many new restaurants opening up in Durango you may want to see what else Durango has to offer. We were also a little frustrated with the back door to the patio kept staying open and freezing us out. I had to continually get up and close the door.

1 Thank Bruce M
Merida, Mexico
“"Cafe Dining Alfresco"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The outdoor café style restaurant is a fun people watching place. The food is filling but average, don't expect gourmet dining. The 1/2 lb. burger is a mouth full, "build your own" burger and the fries are delicious. My partner ordered the Fish & Chips and was not disappointed. Sipping a glass of wine with lunch and watching the action in and around the train station area is a perfect afternoon escape.
The staff was friendly and the ambiance was relaxing after our morning drive from New Mexico.

Merida, Mexico
“it is just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We recently had lunch at the Palace and found the location fine as well as the ambiance on the outside deck. Since it overlooks the railroad station it is quite pretty. The food was just average, I had the crispy fish sandwich with coleslaw and fries. The fish was very bland and rather tough, which is odd for a fish filet. The coleslaw was also tasteless, the fries were quite good and very hot. My spouse had a burger and fries, both were fine but just rate an ok. Prices are quite reasonable, thank goodness considering the quality. I guess this is what you can expect from a very touristy location.

1 Thank John J