“Good Brew and Crew”

Steamworks Brewing Co
Ranked #19 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Steamworks Brewing Co. Opened its doors in Durango in September 1996. A favorite watering hole for locals and visitors alike, the brewpub has much more to offer than award-winning craft beer. Known as a town meeting place, Steamworks enjoys a bustling, fun environment. Steamworks' culinary program is unmatched in the region in both breadth and quality of offerings. The "gastropub" fare includes regionally-raised meats and sustainable seafood. Healthy salads, delicious pizzas, spicy Southwestern-style dishes, and vegetarian & gluten-free offerings provide something for everyone who's hungry. The Steam Engine Lager is "arguably the best American - Style Amber Lager in the world" as it has garnered four Gold Medals, a Silver and a Bronze Medal at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) over the years and also has taken a Silver Medal at the World Beer Cup (WBC). Steamworks has won a total of twelve GABF medals, and two WBC medals. The brewpub maintains up to 18 styles of beer on tap.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very casual and laid-back atmosphere. The beers were varied and well done. The staff was very helpful and attentive. Tasty comfort food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,779)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Went into the place on a weekday and it was packed! It must be a popular spot for tourists or locals...most likely tourists. Since I was a tourist as well I didn't really mind and we snagged a place at the bar. The beer selection was solid and fair as far as microbrews go. I had one of their salads and it was delicious, another in my group enjoyed chicken in waffles. overall it was a good experience. if you get a chance to sit outside you definitely should because you get great views of the mountains!

2  Thank rlrodriguez16
Reviewed August 17, 2014

we went here for lunch and the staff was super friendly. the quinoa burger was great and so was the beef burger. i loved the service and the fact that they gave the kids chalk to draw all over the floor. it was unique and the beer was refreshing and great. if you sit inside it is great people watching too.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We have been here a few times. This time we got away from the Cajun boil and pizza. The food was surprisingly good. We had the Mediterranean hummus and the basket of Cajun fries as appetizers. The hummus was very good. The pita bread could have been better. Cajun fries were great. Stuffed already we had the blackened trout, meatloaf, fish tacos and the chop salad. Everything was tasty. The chop salad is very different from the usual. Good beer. The backside stout and the steam engine lager are our favorites. It was very busy and service was a tad slow but acceptable.

1  Thank jegnm
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I live in Durango and decided to support a local business. Gave myself about an hour to eat. Ordered a mushroom burger: "Done please as I don't do undercooked meat". Took about 15 mins and they brought out my burger, bit into it and it was red/bloody. yuck! Ask that they take it back and I offered to play for my drink. they offered to cook me another burger, so I said "ok". it was cooked just right and not burned. They almost charged me for both burgers!!! Had to address that with the waiter; Answer: opps, sorry...
If they do that to a local, I feel sorry for out of state travelers. Go someplace else as this place tends to be crowded and the pressure is on to serve as many people with as little fuss and take your money.
I will keep you informed to see if they will reply to this review and address a local supporter of downtown business.

2  Thank Jaymus P
DGOKO, Owner at Steamworks Brewing Co, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Jaymus - we apologize for your burger being undercooked and it does appear that we took care of your beverage and got you a new burger. Our ownership include 22 employees, and our mission: To create an environment that provides an extraordinary guest experience. We do not differentiate between locals and travelers. This mission remains the same with each and every guest who walks through our doors. We hope that you will continue to patronize our establishment.
The Steam Team