“Good steak & great service”
Review of Ore House

Ore House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 198 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We chose to go here based on the high reviews. It was very good. My wife had the local raised rib eye and she thought it was great. I ordered the 21 day aged rib eye and it was also good but not quite as tender as I would have expected for aged beef. Salads were good and the house Cabernet was a good choice with the steak. Waiter Mike was good. We had a very nice dining experience.

1  Thank sidebite252
There are newer reviews for Ore House

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I visit Colorado nearly every summer since the 1960's, but haven't eaten here since 1975 till
this year, when I went twice. While pricey with most meals a-la-carte, the quality and preparation of the dinners was exceptional. Steaks are tender, aged to perfection, and
cooked to order. Seafood equally excellent. The best meals we had on both two and a half
week trips a month apart. Expect to pay about $45 per person, not including liquor.

3  Thank Paul K
Reviewed August 6, 2013

since 1982 we have visited this place and only once has it not lived up to our expectations. this last visit was one of the best meals in Durango we love this place.

1  Thank carter63
Reviewed August 4, 2013

On our 2009 trip with 5 teenage boys ( I missed due to our son with Autism) My husband on my recommendation from my 2005 trip took our son and his buds there for dinner. The food is excellent. The boys ate the dishes as well!! They have the best steak around. My crew ordered 16oz on up and ate it all!!! Very nice ambiance and great service. Excellent choice for steak lovers.

3  Thank AuntieMame10
Reviewed August 1, 2013

There is no shortage of restaurants in the downtown Durango area, but for some reason, although we are frequent visitors there, we just had not gotten around to trying the Ore House. Our mistake! Our steaks were outstanding and done exactly to our order. The menu is mainly a la carte, so one can tailor one's meal to one's liking. There is a full service bar. Our pleasant wait person, Lori, was attentive yet not intrusive and her excellent knowledge of the extensive wine list was most helpful. Reservations are accepted and are a good idea during the busy summer season.

4  Thank BobandSally10

Been to Ore House? Share your experiences!