“Delicious and great service”
Review of Ore House

Ore House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious and great service”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here, whilst on holiday, following a recommendation from a local couple and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, especially the mac and cheese. My husband had a steak and it was cooked to perfection. Mark, our waiter, was extremely attentive, friendly and yet professional. We were celebrating my husband's 40th birthday and we were really made a fuss of. Would highly recommend the Ore House.

1 Thank bellie26

Arvada, Colorado
“Pricey”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We walked in with no wait. Nice atmosphere. Very attentive service. I had a 6oz filet that was so tender, you could cut it with a fork. Cooked perfectly. $27 for the steak alone. It did not include salad or a side. Everything was separate. My husband and I both had steak and baked potato and my son had a burger (he said his burger was by dry) our bill came to $85 and we had water.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kmethvin
El Paso, Texas, United States
“Lives up to hype...”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an excellent meal and the service was terrific. My husband had the Flatiron Steak--the best ever, while the kids (men) had ribeyes. I chose the Duck Confit Salad and the Mac and Cheese knowing I could mooch off the guys since the portions are very large. All steaks were perfectly done. Mashed potatoes and creamed corn were our sides served in small cast iron skillets and both proved to be amazing especially the corn. Atmosphere was perfect for Durango! My mac and cheese was not hot enough when served but was whisked away and brought back piping hot in a timely fashion. Great wine selections too. I'm thinking about that corn right now though.....

1 Thank Katie R
Fairfield, California
“Order your steak "Ore House Style"”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a great meal. the wine list is reasonable with a wide variety of selections. The crab macaroni and cheese was over-the-top decadent. The menu was kid-friendly.

The steaks were sublime. My ribeye was melt-in-your-mouth tender. "Ore House Style" means they top the steak with crab meat and Béarnaise and serve it on a bed of grilled asparagus. Even my kids raved about the asparagus.

We could have skipped the side order of Mac & Cheese. The Ore House Style steak was plenty of food.

Well done!

2 Thank osodoro
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent Service and Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My Fiancé and I ate here our last night in town, and it was well worth it!! The service was excellent and efficient and the staff appeared to work as a team; we never had an empty glass. We shared the Chateaubriand, which is a thick cut of filet. Which is suggested for 2 people. It was AMAZING!!!! They cut the meat table side, which was very unique. The edges were crispy, but the inside cut like butter!! We chose 2 sides, bacon mac and cheese and bacon brussels sprouts. They were delicious!

The menu had so many delicious looking meals, but I personally loved that they labeled what was Gluten free and not! It can be quite hard to eat out and it was awesome that they are on top of it!

If you don't go here, you are missing out!

2 Thank Mick M

Been to Ore House? Share your experiences!