“Believe the reviews”
Review of Ore House

Ore House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was a little skeptical because of all the hype but this definitely comes with high recommendations and it's somewhere I will return to. The petite filet was outstanding and was cooked just right (get it topped with mushrooms and thin crispy onions). The eastern pine NY strip with lobster and crab sauce was great as well. Add a side of asparagus (marked "giant" was indeed big and perhaps a little tough), mac & cheese with smoked bacon and jalapenos, and smashed potatoes. The service was a little slow but they were slammed. Enjoy the nice southwestern atmosphere while you wait.

1  Thank kjinright

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited The Ore House while on a trip to Durango. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. My colleague and I both enjoyed a great Steak and a couple of drinks. The bacon butter that is served with the corn muffins is amazing. The only bad thing about this outing was the parking. I had to park a couple of blocks away, but it was worth it. I would highly recommend The Ore House to anyone.

1  Thank Atique A
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I guess I come here every year expecting great food and I am always disappointed. I think this value is low and this restaurant is overated. But I keep thinking it's going to get better and it gets worse. I'm not coming back. I think the quality is poor for the value.

5  Thank Kiki033
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We go to the Ore House every time we have something to celebrate or have out of town guests. It is the best restaurant by far in the area. The food is superior and you get you what you pay for....quality! Our server, Monique took excellent care of us. We are always treated like family by staff whenever we go. People are really friendly and genuine, making sure your dining experience is superb. The ribeyes are our favorite but everything we have had has been delicious. And the veggies.....they make them so you really want to eat your veggies! Definitely the restaurant to go to if you are in Durango or anywhere nearby.

2  Thank Tami505
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Ore House while visiting some friends in Durango. We were promptly given a great table by hostess Brittany, who stopped by several times during the meal to make sure that all was going well. The service was prompt and with a smile, and the food was outstanding. My wife ordered the king crab, and it was delicious. The guys in our group all ordered steaks, and all agreed that they were superb. The wine list was well rounded, and even though they were out of the Tempranillo that we originally selected, waitress Mandi make a great recommendation on a good Argentine substitute. I can say, with zero doubt that we will be back to Durango, and we will enjoy the Ore House again.

2  Thank Martin K

Been to Ore House? Share your experiences!