“A great night out.”
Review of Ore House

Ore House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 195 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
Louisville, Kentucky
“A great night out.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I dined at the Ore House while visiting some friends in Durango. We were promptly given a great table by hostess Brittany, who stopped by several times during the meal to make sure that all was going well. The service was prompt and with a smile, and the food was outstanding. My wife ordered the king crab, and it was delicious. The guys in our group all ordered steaks, and all agreed that they were superb. The wine list was well rounded, and even though they were out of the Tempranillo that we originally selected, waitress Mandi make a great recommendation on a good Argentine substitute. I can say, with zero doubt that we will be back to Durango, and we will enjoy the Ore House again.

2 Thank Martin K

Durango, Colorado
“a la carte menu is disappointing”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We live in Durango and go to the Ore House twice a year on our birthdays - love that age % discount! The service and knowledgeable staff are excellent, and the steaks always cooked to perfection. BUT they changed their menu to a la carte a couple of years ago. Side dishes are now sized to feed at least two persons. That makes it very difficult when my husband doesn't want the same salad or side that I want. I requested a half order this visit and was told that it couldn't be done. Why not? Just charge me $2 less and give me a smaller portion. We will return because the steaks can't be beat and the service and staff would make Robert Irvine of "Restaurant Impossible" proud!!

2 Thank Marilyn W
Durango, Colorado
“Bartender Beauty”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Bridgette Tesmer is a wonderfully talented bartender with pizzazz and knowledge about her profession! She brings a special spark to the Ore House and I recommend everyone to go there and get a fantastic steak and an amazing drink! But don't forget to thank the beautiful bartender for her hard work!

2 Thank ShannonO379
Houston, Texas, United States
“Dinner at the Ore”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant, great service and great food. We had the chateaubriand steak and it was beautifully cooked. Well recommend it!

2 Thank David Daniela M... E
Lucas, TX
“Great Steak”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fantastic food in a very unique atmosphere. I had the Ribeye speacial. This is one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The steak was cooked to perfection and the side of mushrooms was spot on. Good wine list as well.
Overall, I highly recommend this place if you want a great cut of meat!

• Visited March 2013