“The kind of business we should all support”

El Moro Spirits & Tavern
Ranked #14 of 208 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Moro Spirits & Tavern was created in the building that once housed the El Moro Saloon in the early 1900's. The food is modern-rustic: common foods from the early 20th century created with modern culinary techniques. Handcrafted cocktails, an extensive beer list and forty wines, all approachable & affordable, grace our beverage menu.
Reviewed July 31, 2017

A friend recommended El Moro after hearing that they had continued to pay their employees after closing last year for three months due to a kitchen fire. They asked the employees to spend their free time volunteering in the community. How can you not support a business that does that? As it turns out, I would have wanted to go there anyway for the food and service. We had one of the cheeses (an English cheddar), and then I had the beet salad and my husband had the Cuban sandwich. The portions were huge, so we took the leftovers for lunch the next day. And our server was perfect...attentive but not intrusive. I highly recommend El Moro!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

You would be letting yourself down if you failed to stop into El Moro. Everything is absolutely top notch and you will find yourself LOVING some food or beverage concoction that you wouldn't have ever thought to try. The crew and this establishment is among the best of the best.

Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be there mia night if a show. We had reservations for before the show. The food was amazing and the service was friendly and prompt. As the show began it became very busy. Despite that, the service continued to be great.

1  Thank Meredith A
Reviewed July 23, 2017

So wade stopped in to have a drink this evening. I had a draft beer and my wife had a mule. When the bill came, the beer was $9. That's right, the mule was $8, and the IPA was $9. For a 12 ounce pour. I asked if that was a correct price, and I was told, if your can believe this, that it was "hard to get beer" in Durango. That's obviously a line for tourists since we have SIX microbreweries in town, and I have NEVER paid more than $6 for a beer here. They are most often $4 or $5. So if that's the type of business they practice, watch out. There's much better food, and much better beer for way cheaper in Durango!!!

1  Thank djpetersnc
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

We order the burger and the salmon and it was cooked to perfection. The decore was unique and tasteful.

Been to El Moro Spirits & Tavern? Share your experiences!