“Excellent!!”

El Moro Spirits & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
El Moro Spirits & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Moro Spirits & Tavern was created in the building that once housed the El Moro Saloon in the early 1900's. The food is modern-rustic: common foods from the early 20th century created with modern culinary techniques. Handcrafted cocktails, an extensive beer list and forty wines, all approachable & affordable, grace our beverage menu.
Durango, Colorado
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Moved to Durango a week ago and have already eaten here twice with my wife. All four dishes we have had have been excellent! Food is fresh and delicious, staff is knowledgeable/nice, and the atmosphere is amazing!!

Truly a must go!!

Visited June 2014

“Awesome”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

David (Manager) was the man, made the visit a truly fantastic time. Knew a lot about beer, fantastic recommendations, great good, great conversation. We will be back. Recommended.

Durango
“A mixed review”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time at El Moro, we had heard good things from others and I have to say they were pretty accurate except for one thing.
We went for Father's Day brunch and were surprised that it wasn't packed. We were seated right away, greeted by the waitress promptly and received our drinks. Placed our order and waited and waited and waited. 45 minutes. Now there were only 8 other tables. The waitress was at our table several times to apologize even saying the manager was going to bring our food so we could talk to him. Instead another wait person brought it while the manager stood behind the bar drinking a red bull. When the food did arrive it was very good. We will return because of the food and the waitress, the manager not so much. It's disappointing to know he'd rather hang out as opposed to address some problems for his customers.

1 Thank Duffy M
Poncha Springs, CO
“Had a nice rib-eye steak”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Coming off of two-weeks in the Utah backcountry, I was looking for a steak, passed by El Moro in old downtown Durango, and thought I'd give it a try. I was not disappointed, although I would have preferred a baked potato to the large-cut home fries. The steak was a generous portion and grilled to my specifications. They have a large although somewhat confusing beer list and I was disappointed that there wasn't an IPA on tap (standard fare at most Colorado bars of quality). My waitress was very attentive and anxious to please, but I got the impression she was fairly new and still learning the ropes. Some reviewers have commented on the noise level, but I didn't perceive this as an issue and the place was busy since it was Saturday night. There is a pretty rowdy bar right next door and I can understand how there might be some "bleed over" on warm Summer evenings when lots of people are milling about in front of both establishments.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank John-David L
Atlanta, GA
“Impeccable service, amazing food”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We sat at the bar and marveled at their huge shelves of whiskey and other spirits. We sampled their thoughtful beer menu. We filled ourselves on craft cheeses and charcuterie. We felt totally spoiled by the excellent service from the bartender. We enjoyed the playful and creative decor. Truly a memorable meal!

Visited May 2014