“Best kept secret right next to the river”
Review of China Cafe

China Cafe
Ranked #146 of 206 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Best kept secret right next to the river! Food and service are good and prices are reasonable... located next to Burger King and had outside seating... lunch buffet

Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

When you get there, the patio out back sits right on the Animas River. Very nice touch with great food!

Reviewed February 12, 2017

I came to Durango for a Veterans of Foreign Wars District meeting. The VFW Post is across the street from the China Cafe where the Animas River crosses under Main Ave A very nice and beautiful location with free parking!

I walked across the street to get a panoramic picture of the VFW Post to post online and the manager and a young girl came out to greet me. We talked a little, they took some selfies with me and I just found them very generous and friendly.

I missed my chance to eat there, as I had obligations at the VFW Post, but I will come back and visit the China Cafe of Durango next time I am in the area.

I will update with a food review after I visit here again.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

Summer of 2016 brought a new family to Durango and a reinvigorated Chinese restaurant. Under new management, the China Café quality has improved significantly. The food is really tasty and prepared by the owner himself. Portions are large. The restaurant is super clean and the wait staff, supervised by the new owner, is exceptionally friendly and eager to please. They have a lunch buffet on weekdays, also a lunch menu that's a great deal. A full menu is always available too. The restaurant is located on the Animas River, adjacent to the river path. It's really fun to sit at one of the outdoor tables and watch the river and walkway activities. If you're down town, leave your car put, take a stroll north on the river path and enjoy some good Chinese food. Perfect!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

I ordered the Garlic Sauce Shrimp and when it arrived it looked and tasted as though the "cook" had opened up a can of Campbell's cream of something soup, dumped in some water chesnuts and a handful of shrimp. Very, very bland and altogether unappetizing. Portions were quite small and not particularly tasty. Cannot said we would go back.