“Campbell soup!”
Review of China Cafe

China Cafe
Ranked #146 of 206 Restaurants in Durango
Reviewed October 12, 2016

I ordered the Garlic Sauce Shrimp and when it arrived it looked and tasted as though the "cook" had opened up a can of Campbell's cream of something soup, dumped in some water chesnuts and a handful of shrimp. Very, very bland and altogether unappetizing. Portions were quite small and not particularly tasty. Cannot said we would go back.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

We ordered delivery from China Cafe the other night. Hadn't eaten there in a long time. It's pretty standard. Nothing spectacular but nothing offensive. The Kung Pao shrimp was pretty good. Decent flavor, a little heat (not too much), and nice ingredients. The Hunan Chicken on the other hand was a bit blah. Not a very distinctive flavor, no heat. Ingredients were fine but I found it boring. I like flavor and I like spicy, so when there is little of either, it falls flat for me. The sauce just seemed really generic. Next time I would try the Szechwan chicken instead. We also had pot stickers - fried. They were pretty good. Again, did the job but not spectacular. Prices are ok. Not over the top but not super cheap. It's basically very middle of the road. Lots of dishes so you'll find something you like but it could be a little hit or miss on the flavor. One of the great things about this restaurant if you eat in, is it's right on the river so you can dine on the balcony and have a view. Or, you could tube down the river and pull out for a beer!

Reviewed July 15, 2016

We ate 3 times at this restaurant because it has excllent food, wide choice of food and the service was great as was the view of the animas river and watching everyone go down on thier floating devices. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

The kids took me here for Father's Day because they know I like outdoor dining. Nice umbrellaed table overlooking the rapidly flowing Animas River. We ordered off the menu, so I cannot speak to the buffet or specials. The egg roll and Rangoons were tasty and crisp, not a hint of old oil. The House fried rice was fluffy and had an excellent meat to rice ratio. The Mongolian Chicken (3 on the 1-5 heat scale) and Szechuan Shrimp(3) were spicey and saucey with fresh vegetables. The waitress was friendly and attentive. A very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed November 29, 2015

Was looking for some type of restaurant on a single night stay in Durango this September and landed on this. Had 3 people in party and 1 person did get sick the night after eating the food (we did do alot of walking that day and are from out of state and not necessarily used to higher elevations, so I cannot say with certain it was because of the food at this restaurant). We got the meal which includes appetizer, soup, and main I believe. The potion sizes were good and to me it seemed the food was of average quality compares to other Chinese restaurant (nothing like the Chinese food in San Francisco). The service was a little slow. Based on all of that, I would recommend this as average. The bathrooms seemed a little dirty when we were there.