“Amazing French gem of Durango”

Michel's Corner Crepes
Ranked #1 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sweet and Savory Crepe to enjoy on the beautifull Patio ,.Wines and Beers also available .
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing French gem of Durango”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The crepes are amazing! My boyfriend and I always get the pulled pork crepe (to die for) and a bowl of the French onion soup. The soup is hands down the most flavorful and delicious, hot soup we have ever had. The owner and chef, Michele is an absolute sweetheart and always delivers delicious crepes, hot chocolate, cider (both home made and phenomenal) and soup consistently flavorful! Although the setting is outside, you immediately feel warm once you get amazing service and amazing hot food placed in front of you. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone craving delicious French cuisine!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pbtrujillo

Farmington, New Mexico
“Arrogant owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a crepe today, but I should've just walked away when the owner very huffily asked if we were planning to order. When we only ordered one crepe, I was told "you're going to take up the whole table for one crepe?" No, we'll go (since half my party was getting ice cream instead). The crepe itself was only ok. It tasted slightly under cooked compared to others i have had in the states or Paris. I was very sad to have such a poor experience, since this was the first time he had been open in the 5 times i have been to Durango. Next time I will save my money and dignity by avoiding the creperie.

• Visited November 2013
Michel P, Owner at Michel's Corner Crepes, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear wickedpixie 13-nm,

I deeply apologize to you for your experience at Michel's Corner Crepes Wagon in Durango. I do remember exactly the early November day when it happened. It was inappropriate of me to ask you if you were going to take" one whole table" with all of your family, since you ordered one crepe from me, and the rest of your family ice cream from Coldstone, You do have the right to sit at my table. I also understand your frustation of visiting me 5 times in Durango.It must have happened on my days of closure. I choose to close 2 days a week, since this business is a one man show.
I do hope you will visit me again in Durango,since you live near by, and would you please mention who you are, so I can apologize personally to you.
Sincerely, Michel
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best crepe I've ever had in the states!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Loved the little wagon in the center of town with patio seating. Loved Michel as he makes you smile just ordering from him. And the crepes are seriously up there with the best crepes I've ever had. When we go back to Durango, we will stop here first!

Visited October 2013
Frisco, CO
“Excellent crepes with a personal touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is located in the historic downtown area, very close to the train station. Crepes are excellent. We tried savory and sweet ones, all very good. The service was excellent. Michel checked on us to make sure the food was as we expected and it was. Highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
Durango, Colorado
“You have to try this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place is a weekly occurrence for me. It taste great, and is in the best place to just sit and watch the hustle of downtown. Very light food. You could still mountain bike after eating here. Try them all and post your favorite!

Visited September 2013