“A delicious little slice of France!”

Michel's Corner Crepes
Ranked #1 of 199 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sweet and Savory Crepe to enjoy on the beautifull Patio ,.Wines and Beers also available .
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The only thing more wonderful than the beautiful setting was the scrumptious food! We at breakfast there just this morning and we simply couldn't wait to post a review. Michel cooks out of an enclosed permanent cart. Around this, he has placed nice tables with oversized patio umbrellas. The tables in turn are placed around a central garden. Bench seats surround the complex creating a pseudo courtyard right out of France. It was so relaxing just to sit and drink coffee from the Starbucks 15 yards away while our food was being cooked. Michel even came over at one point and adjusted our umbrella to better shade us from the sun! At one point while we ate, Michel even came out and helped his friend and gardner "Mike" pull some weeds and do some landscaping. Just a nice guy.

I had the ham, gruyere, and tomatoe crepe with dijon mustard, while my wife had the spinich, feta, and egg. Both were topped with fresh sliced tomatoes and avocados. Words simply cannot convey how delicious they were, but I will try. Michel adroitly paired just the right amount of mustard to set off the ham, which was controlled by the creaminess of the cheese. I had to work hard to slow myself from inhaling the crepe it was so amazing. My wife seemed to have the same problem.

For breakfast dessert (you heard me, I'm not sorry!), we shared a chocolate and hazelnut crepe. It was topped with some freshly whipped creame and raspberries. I love my wife, and this was our ten year anniversary trip, and we still "fought" over who got more of the crepe!

If you are ANYWHERE near downtown historic Durango, I highly recommend you stop in and have some crepes. My only word of warning is that Michel has abbreviated hours and is only open from 10-6. Enjoy!

2  Thank Michael J

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved the crepes!! Although it wasn't open when we wanted to eat there it stil has really good Food and drinks.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a beautiful setting to have a crepe and enjoy the flowers..Michel is soo cute too. Be sure to read his bio out front. Very impressive indeed. Best corner in town to relax and meet with friends or family.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Excellent creeps, Michel(the chef) has it figured out, great ambiance with flowers and music in the center square. A definite MUST EAT. In Durango. Ps I highly recommend the banana and chocolate crepe!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The savory creeps were my favorite but my wife Sherry loved the sweet ones. Michel’s was a real treat and we ate there 4 times during our stay. Please look it up and try it, you will glad you did.