“Attention Cocktail Lovers”

Ranked #40 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Located directly across the tracks from the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road (D&SNGRR) with views of Smelter Mountain, and Hog's Back ridge in the heart of downtown is Durango's newest Brew pub. We focus on the using the best possible ingredients for our beers and our food.
Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Attention Cocktail Lovers”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I know this is a brewery, but they have an AMAZING TOP SHELF WELL. I have never seen such high quality well at that price. They have Titos Vodka and Montanya Rum from Silverton, just to name a few. They have a happy hour every day that make them even cheaper. These are the best value cocktails in Durango.

• Visited November 2013

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very nice wait and bar staff”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Wow! We stumbled in because the wait was too long somewhere else and am I ever glad we did. Food was yum yum, beer was mmmm, mmmm and the staff were nothing but smiles! Enjoyed every minute of our stay! A real treat!

• Visited October 2013
Taos, New Mexico
“Food only average”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I didn't try the beer, so can't comment on that aspect of the establishment. A friend and I sat at a corner table near a window that opens out onto the street. It was reasonably nice, but the street was along a bus route and we got a diesel fume hit that wasn't particularly pleasant. In addition, the couple in the table further into the building than us had two kids that thought the brick window sill was a playground device. I like kids, I have two, but all the running to and fro by the table wasn't so great... As for the food: we shared a small but expensive salad with arugula and goat cheese, just a few bites worth, and my grilled cauliflower was overcooked on the bottom. The entire bottom of the small cauliflower head was caramelized. I don't know exactly how one would cook it that way to prevent that, but that's the way it came. My friend had striped bass, which she liked, but she complained that it was a pretty puny piece of fish for 15 bucks: not very thick at all and not very large in any other dimension. I suppose if you're loaded, small expensive portions are ok, but not if you're on a budget. I did inquire about beers; a glass of beer was $5, which seems a bit pricey for one glass of beer. Basically, I have had much better food for the price, and the kids and buses ruined the ambiance.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John S
Durango, Colorado
“New Brew, Excellent Fun”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I live in Durango, and am definitely an aficionado of our local breweries. All of them are excellent. Brew has a super friendly and open atmosphere. Great design with a welcoming bar. The locally crafted beers are a passion for owner, Erik. He always greets us, remembers our names, and loves talking beer with us! There is love in these brews! Oh, and the food is ah-mazing...especially the Cubano.

• Visited September 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“Great beer and grub”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very unique beers and menu. The owner, Eric, really has a passion for the beer and food. Who makes their own catsup? They also bake the bread for the sandwich rolls. Been drinking beer for a longtime, but Eric really gave explanations for what beer is and how it's made. Tried several of the Durango breweries, but this was the best. Very open and airy and modern decor. Located right next to the Durango Silverton RR.

• Visited August 2013

Been to BREW Pub & Kitchen? Share your experiences!