“2 minute pasta in 30 minutes”
Review of Ken & Sue's

Ken & Sue's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken & Sue's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 6th & 7th on the East Side of Main
Description: Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their Modern American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Reviewed August 26, 2010

No idea why, but my 2 min angel hair pasta SIDE DISH took 30 minutes. My husband's lobster quesadilla was ready before my plain pasta with butter. Then the pasta arrived al dente, which would have been understandable had it taken 2 min, but I like it softer and wasn't even asked when I ordered how I liked it. And the butter - it was a big gob just sitting on top, hadn't even been mixed in or given time to melt.

My burger had a nice meaty flavor but I could barely chew through the cooked parts. They grind their own beef in house so maybe they left in some sinewy parts they shouldn't have? I asked for ketchup when the waitress delivered the burger but first the waitress went to get another table's leftovers wrapped up and then brought me ketchup. Our waitress couldn't care less about us. She was new but that shouldn't matter.

My husband was surprised the cobb salad was so different than a traditional cobb salad. Yes the menu does state the ingredients but why call it a Cobb when it is a tortilla strip chicken salad?

Luckily a nice gentleman came around and lit our candle and the heat lamp next to us. Sitting on the patio was nice.

P.S. It's near the train tracks so you could watch the train come by and then walk over 1-2 blocks for dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed August 18, 2010

It is rare to have a dining experience that is perfect from beginning to end. The staff was very welcoming and friendly, the food was excellent, and the atmosphere was inviting and relaxing. Our server, Amy, even took the time to write and mail us a personal note afterwards. I'm picky, so if I had an outstanding experience, so will you!

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We went for lunch and even though there were a few open tables, the hostess seemed a bit flustered and it took a few minutes to be seated. The hostess forgot to give us silverware and our server didn't notice, so we had to "steal" some from an open table after bread was served. Other than that, the service was excellent. My husband got the special (skewered beef with udon noodles) which was very good. I got the hoisin-glazed chicken sandwich, which was tasty but the bread was a bit thick, and thus, dry. Overall, a good experience with a few minor issues. There are a lot of interesting menu selections and we would definitely go back if in Durango again.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

Best place for a quiet dinner in Downtown Durango, really enjoyed our dinner on the patio in spite of cool weather due to the heated canopy.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Colorado TA members had recommended Ken and Sue's on the Durango forum. It's no wonder they keep going back; I'd go back too if it didn't mean a 1,000+ mile drive.

So many things on the menu looked so appealing that it was really hard to choose. Finally I selected the tomato basil bisque (absolutely perfect after a chilly ride in the rain on the train) and the ginger chicken pot stickers. My friend ordered the Friday special: prime rib. Both meals were delicious.

Service was very good too. We had made reservations the day before, explaining that we'd be returning from Silverton on the train but didn't know what time the train was due. The host chose the time, but we were about 20 minutes late getting to the restaurant, although we hurried the short block or two from the depot. Since it was Friday night, we thought maybe our table had been given to someone else, but it was waiting for us even though walk-ins were standing in line for a table. I hope someday to be able to eat here again.

Been to Ken & Sue's? Share your experiences!