“Just had dinner here. Both our salads...”
Review of Ken & Sue's

Ken & Sue's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken & Sue's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 6th & 7th on the East Side of Main
Description: Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their Modern American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Valley Mills, Texas
“Just had dinner here. Both our salads...”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Just had dinner here. Both our salads were excellent but service was not. Our waitress kept forgetting bread, I had to ask for tea refills. She was pleasant enough but I really expected good service for prices. Then came my entree, the Sat. Special, filet on top of lobster mashed potatoes. Ordered filet med. Waitress thought I said med. rare..no,my husband ordered HIS steak med.rare. By the time I got my steak back (still rare) my husbands steak was cold and I had lost my appetite. Granted it was a thick steak but even at that I was not impressed by the potatoes that accompanied it. To appease me the manager gave me a free dessert. I ordered creme brulee, now that was also good,but would I go back-not unless I was desperate!

Tallahassee
“A mixed bag of bad and good.”
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Recommeded by the hotel, so we took a chance. Kind of sorry we did. Our waitress worked her butt off trying to make up for the poor quality of the food coming out of the kitchen. There were four in our party. Two ordered the baby green salad with gorgonzola, apples, toasted walnuts, tobacco onions, with roasted shallot vinaigrette. It was terrific. The other two decided on the nightly special: grilled skirt steak. We decided on protecting our dental work and sending it back to the kitchen. We then opted for the pistachio nut crusted grouper. We should have known better being 1,000 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. The sweet potatoes and the sauteed spinach was the only thing that made it bearable. Wish we would have looked around and asked more questions before we decided where to eat.

West Carrollton, Ohio
“Don't leave Durango without eating here.”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

What can I say - From the minute we walked in the door, we loved this place. Sue greeted us and we opted to dine outside in the patio area. Our waiter, Aaron, was outstanding. He even gave us travel tips on one of our planned stops. The food was EXCELLENT. Sue came around and spoke with us again. I've never been to such a friendly restaurant. They really make their patrons feel valued.

Columbia
“Great food- patio dining is lovely”
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Great food. Friendly staff. Inside dark but patio delightful. Very accommodating for gluten free dining

San Francisco
“A great find in Durango”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Eating in this part of the country is rarely memorable, but this place is. High standards, fresh ingredients, and a nice atmosphere all combined to make a great evening. One of Durango's best (if not "the" best") places to eat.